Water Pump

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Vinnie

Water Pump

Post by Vinnie »

I need to put a new water pump in Stella, she has a 390 in her. I want to put in a nice one and the one I find on Jeg's says it fits FE 352/428.
Would this be the one I want?
Thanks, Vinnie
Vinnie
Slickless in Seattle
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Well, a 390 is an FE. So, without knowing which one you're looking at, I'd say "yes".
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
Comet

Post by Comet »

Vinnie, Stella deserves chrome. This is what I put in mine:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

It's a high flow pump. NPD also has a chrome one, and it's cheaper, but I don't think it's high flow.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Comet

Post by Comet »

I just looked up the NPD part in the catalog. It's a rebuilt unit, chrome for $133. Part No. F-8501-18C
William-in-St. George

Water Pump

Post by William-in-St. George »

Check the spacing on the pulley flange before you bolt it on! I always spray clear on the reman pumps I use. Chrome is to expensive and a PITA to keep clean. Don't use high volume pumps either, caus I'm to cheap! If parts are easy to get locally (NAPA) I do not use mailorder suppliers. Hard to do a return, get warrenty claims adjusted and I hate paying handling fees (remember I'm cheap)!
When you have 90% of what you want, think twice about insisting on the other 10%! Thomas Sowell
Comet

Post by Comet »

William, have you seen Vinnie's truck? It's a show piece, deserving of chrome. Nuff said.