About to give up

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Moose
United States of America

About to give up

Post by Moose »

Ok, here's the problem. I have developed a miss in the 390 that resides in my 65. Feels like a dead miss, but with the installation of a new ignition (pertronix) and new plugs it is still there.

So here are the options I am left with.

1) Bent pushrod (again)
2) ignition problem
3) fuel problem (need to replace old fuel filter)

So, what do you guys think?

Moose
American born, German blood, Texan attitude..... And people wonder why they call me "Moose."

66 F-100 Too much to list
05 F250 The Tank
realisticretiredone

Post by realisticretiredone »

:( My have a burnt valve, try the old shop towel over the end of tailpipe trick and a compression check. james
zuru66

Post by zuru66 »

could be ignition wires or a bad valve. You can check the ignition wires with an ohm meter. They should all have about the same resistance from end to end. I've found a couple of bad ignition wires using this method.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Like the previous posts , check compression, Bent Valve, Burnt Valve, Crack in the valve seat, Bent push rod, low compression on a cylinder Try this while running take a spark plug that is loose, hook a wire to it and see if the electrode is firing remember to ground out the plug so you can see it is firing or while running pull 1 plug wire off at a time to see if the engine sound changes, Good Luck
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo