What a shame

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

What a shame

Post by jakdad »

Somebody ruined this ol' Slick................No wonder they traded it in.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0013017439
Jim
Comet

Post by Comet »

On the other hand, maybe Chevy guys think their trucks are too ugly, so the only way to make it good looking was to put a Ford around their motor. Afterall, Chevy guys want to have good looking trucks too! :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

what a shame

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

MAYBE ALL OF US SHOULD BUY ONE CHEBY TRUCK INSTALL A FORD MOTOR IN IT AND SELL IT ON E-BAY :x

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Buy A Blow Tie? ? ? ? . . . . .You mean people pay for those things. . . . . OH No! :shock: :roll:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

You know I am pretty open minded on someone putting a chevy engine in their own vehicle. I wouldn't want one but I figure to each his own. But that steering wheel was a bit to much for me. To me that would be like Farah, Daisy Duke, Marylin Monroe or Betty Page for the rat rod guys and taking you favorite female listed above and having a sex change on that woman to make her a male. Don't go changing parts on a work of art. To me the slicks are a work of art, not too many curves and not too boxy. Just right.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

welcome carauctionusa to the GD idiots cub, USA
along with you are the people who think Corvair Vans are collector items and multiple Lada Niva owners, who are sure they have a priceless classic on their hands.

Sadly, you are also the people who answer Nigerian pleas for bank account help and believe that one ex-governer of Texas can find his ass using both hands.

sorry about your luck.

:cry:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
William-in-St. George

E-Bay Ford with Cheeeveee Power

Post by William-in-St. George »

I don't get real excited when I see a cheevee motor in one of these old Slicks because I know how quickly I could reverse the process and yank all that crap out of there. Pepto Bismal will help quiet the nausia. This truck does have some rust issues (cab support is cut off to hide rust out, screws in the floor pan (?), and a patch by the drivers door sill), But it is recoverable! 4500 is a bit high in my opinion. I think this truck is worth about 3500, sell the engine and trans for say 1000.00 and stick in a 460 with C6! Rust repair will be the most expensive part. So for around 6-7K you could have a nice old slick.
When you have 90% of what you want, think twice about insisting on the other 10%! Thomas Sowell
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Johnny Canuck wrote:welcome carauctionusa to the GD idiots cub, USA
along with you are the people who think Corvair Vans are collector items and multiple Lada Niva owners, who are sure they have a priceless classic on their hands.

Hey, I think Nivas are cool. Mostly because we never got them here. 8)
As for Corvair vans, well, anything with "Corvair" on it is a collector's item! Why, they are just like them Por-sches, with their air cooled engines out back. And lookit how much them Por-sches are worth!
:lol:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

I am with William 4500 way to much,,, :lol: You missed the cab corners they have cancer also the lower door hinge pillars have had a piece of steel covered over it ,, If this is what we see so far in the cab Whats the rest of truck like :?: To me the cab is trash,, Could not see the front cab mounts either,, I would like to see the core support,. front bed panel, Just for thought if this much cover up was done on what I can see on the cab what is the rest of this truck was a cover up :?: If I saw the truck in person after what I saw so far I would not even stick the key in my truck to get it if it free since I have seen so many trucks with pretty paint jobs that are cover ups Of course there is a lot of really nice trucks out there & on this site with members that were done right... Bottom line is that this is another typical fine piece of junk on E-Bay... We had to deliver a cab once to Vermont for the victim of E-Bay bought a truck & in the pictures looked OK with the snow on it but when the snow melted he was shafted :( before buying always ask for pictures of the most bad spots, core support, inner fenders, cab corners, center cab braces, front of the bed panel, front cab mounts, roof,, Minor Dings & Dents are livealble but flat out right cancer is not acceptable to us :!:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

:twisted: ahhh the dreaded 350/350 combo surfaces again...but the bowtie steering wheel, that downright hurts :(

This is the same color as my slick, when I start posting some more pics, rest assured this is NOT my truck

Mark
Mark