Anybody know anything about this truck?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jakdad

Anybody know anything about this truck?

Post by jakdad »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... otohosting

Looks nice but never hurts to ask.....................
Jim
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Nice truck :)
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

8) Looks good from this end.
Mark

jakdad

Post by jakdad »

How hard would it be to switch over to factory auto trans with column shift? If the column could be reused, the paint already matches. I'm not afraid to use a cast iron case Cruise-O-Matic with factory linkage.
Jim
William-in-St. George

E-Bay Truck

Post by William-in-St. George »

Converting to a C6 on the column is easy! If you buy this truck, let us know and we can help! Beauty truck! I am curious as to what the selling price will be. I'm thinking around 8K or so?
When you have 90% of what you want, think twice about insisting on the other 10%! Thomas Sowell
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Thanks Thomas,
They never got reserve. I decided not to bid on it this time. I offered him 9K once before. He wanted 11. I lost interest this time. I don't want to spend that kind of change and not have auto, PS, Fresh driveline, etc. I know, I'm just a hard a$$! :lol: :lol:
Jim
Comet

Post by Comet »

Jakdad, that's good you show restraint. With that kind of cash, you should get what you want. Unlike me, I tend to be a little impulsive with my money :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
64fordf100292v8

Post by 64fordf100292v8 »

There is warpage in the front bumper
I stared at the front bumper for 20 minutes and could'nt see the warpage you describe, keep in mind I have perfect vision. Secondly, how is the engine modified? Looks like just a Edelbrock air cleaner on top of a stock 2BBl carburetor to me. Lastly, who cares if the beds not perfect, its a truck after all. I think its a nice truck and I'm sure whoever buys it will enjoy it.
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

It looks good, but the operative word is looks.

The front of the box is askew to bodyline under back cab window. I have found this to indicate body or box mount problems. I see in underside pic edge of the cab, near park brake fulcrum pivot is raggedy. I'm struck that all the key, or common rust/rot places are carefully avoided in all photos, door post bottoms, rear cab corners, front mounts & lower front firewall areas, door sills, from the bottom, and so forth. . . .

Now that might just be fate, the way the guy took the pictures, but it can also be careful and deceitful manipulation.

As for warpage, the bottom of the bright grille work, the stone or gravel deflector & aftermarket replacement bumper do not all concur to curves of
each other, so it's not spot on. The grille also seems too bright, like it has been polished and had the annodize removed, that's an opinion.

Now it looks 100 times nicer than my ride, but I don't have any rust/ rot issues, and everything aligns & sits right on mine. I can take photos of all my mounts or suspect areas and they are solid. So in my humble opinion, I think the price is a bit high, based on what I see X what I've Learned + what I know. . . . .

I don't like to "rag" on peoples stuff, but IMHO this slick "ain't" as slick as the owner would have me believe. Multiple $1000's is a lot to pay for a re-pop front bumper, fresh paint & upholstery & "Rebuilt 66 style doggy dish hub caps", at least for me it seems to be a lot. . just my $.02 guys. :roll:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Here is a ? how come on the drivers side I can see fresh paint up close to the floor by the wheel, that paint should not be there, How come there is no needle for the fuel gauge also painted only areas where he could reach the black paint on the rear end, Cute driveshaft I would be afraid when I sanded it down what I would find
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Thanks Guys,
I agree with most of the above. 99%
Jim
Jarrod

Post by Jarrod »

wow guys you all have better eyes than me. To me the bed does not seem off to me, the paint seems decent. Yes lots can be covered by a shot of MAACO paint but who in their right mind would by a vehicle sight unseen except for some pictures on a website. If I wanted to by this truck or any other, I would try to find some one in this club who live near by to look at it for me. People hear have offered. To me, and I spent a lot of time looking at the pictures, and could not find that much wrong with it. The only way to really tell is to look at it in person. THis guy has a pretty nice truck and if I wanted to buy it I would either go out there my self and look at it or ask one of my fellow compatriots here to look at for me in my place to see HOW nice it really is. Its the only way to really tell.

Jarrod
Cheers,
Jarrod
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

And you understand he's already turned down $9000.00..................
Jim
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

Well, I just had to look it over as well.

I cannot make out the possible dings or dents that some folks see. But I agree that a really nicely restored truck sells itself locally. Approach all ebay sales with great mistrust.

One thing I noticed is that the bed was not removed and sandblasted from below. You can see the rust. Speaking from experience, there are lots of nooks and crannies in the bed, above the cross memebers that ought to be blasted out and the whole bed should be undercoated BEFORE it goes back on the frame.

You notice how he did NOT show pics of the front mounts? Or the cab cross member? Or close shots of the rear cab corners? Or the bottoms of the front door posts?

If he didn't go to the trouble of a frame up restore, then 11k is too much money. He is trying make a profit at this -- well sorry, ain't no profit to be made in restoring a truck correctly.

Oh --one more problem -- anyone who cares about a good truck would have upgraded the brake master cylinder as well.

There -- the nay votes get my vote too.
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
65TremecGT
United States of America

Post by 65TremecGT »

Im not a big fan of the after market tacky gauges under the dash either. Nicer truck than mine, but ive still got $6 or $7K to go to get to his price!
1965 Ford F-100 Short bed Custom Cab, Worn out six for now.
1966 F-250 Ranger waiting for a 79 460/C6 + Disc Brake and PS swap
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

You guys all make good points.
1) worked for a guy who painted used cars. you would be amazed at what you can filland hide with a gallon of plastic and a little paint. :shock:
2) unless you restore autos for a guy with an unlimited budget and he already owns the vehicle you won't make money at it.
Lets face it we all do this for the love of the hobby and not to make a dollar. Because if we did and kept track of all the time and money we spent on your slick. We would be lucky get our money back. Let alone make any.( just my opinion)
3) Friend of mine bought two brand X cars onE-bay. His dream wagon from Texas. Which according to seller was mint rust free. No problem to fly down and drive back to great white north.It is currently at the body shop for Rust Repair(Bad floors and cowl). After being shipped north, looked at closely and taken straight to the body shop. Paint was not new and did not look bad in all the photos.Had several conversations with seller over course of the auction :shock: :cry:
Bought another car and it was as advertised.Uses it as daily driver. :D

Moral of the story: cars on E-Bay could be good or could be bad.
And their market is not the enformed guy who knows what to look for or what questions to ask But the guy that thinks its cool and has no knowledge or group with said knowledge to fallback on.
Like you guys here. :D :D :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

CD Herman,
Good to see ya over here at this great new site Dave!

It's ashame that folks would put up such a cosmetic vehicle and ask a "Genny Full Resto" price for a qwikee cosmetic job. Maybe the guy realized after he got over his head that he should have done a better job & wants to move the burgandy botch to finance another try, done right. :roll:

I dislike being so negative but I think even MORE dislike people getting into such a great, honorable, "avocation"and then putting out such poor quality at such high prices. It will "break bad" on our whole classic truck resto field in the end. :twisted:

Evil Bay has a lot of eyes following it. Stuf like the Slick in question can do us No Good I fear. :cry:

Well the good side is I see yiou made it &a personal welcome to ya' Dave. :D

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant