unibody rubber mounts

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

needmoretime

unibody rubber mounts

Post by needmoretime »

Alright guys, I need new square rubber body mounts for a certain truck. What can I use as a replacement and where can I get these! They look like a piece of old tire but really thick. The ones that go between the bed and frame!

Thanks

:lol:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I had this mysterious space come up, where my body lines on the box and cab did not line up anymore, on my '64 when I reinstalled the cab and box. WITH new cab rubbers, after it came back from the bodyshop.

I shimmed the (formerly unshimmed) box up at the front with hockey pucks. perfect thickness. Have not had the front fenders and doors on yet to see if the body lines will work,, still a mystery WHY I needed shims at all. But the pucks worked.

You could cut them square with a hacksaw and grind them down on the sidewalk if necessary for thickness, too, in the case of a uni.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

That certain truck is a 63' uni.,...I'm guessing
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Comet

Post by Comet »

The square rubber ones that look like a tire? Are you talking about the firewall to inner fender stap? I am actually making some out of an old tire when I get new rubber under my slick.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Here is the new block that is held in the bed crossmembers by a screw and the pad that goes under it. The rubber is what I would be looking for. Its 5/8 thick. :?:

[albumimg]323[/albumimg] [albumimg]322[/albumimg] [albumimg]321[/albumimg]
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Wayne, What about horse stall mat? That stuff is tough as nails and about that thickness.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
needmoretime

Post by needmoretime »

Thats what i am taking about! I did not know that because I got out of horses when I turned 11! I think we have the originals but Rick Allen said he never had a sample of a good one to repop. Just trying to help other people out that may need body mounts for uni's
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

You can also cut out the sidewall of tires. Truck tires would be thicker and you can stack to desired thickness.
Jim
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

JC,
I'm curious, how do those Hockey pucks play when they're squared up and have a hole in them like that? :lol:

Ooh oh, wait a minute, after enough suds I guess it's not a matter afterall, huh?. . . :lol: :P :lol: :roll:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

The other possiblity is if you could find some old conveyer belting or tractor /loader tires as they have even ticker sidewalls than truck tires. Just some more food for thought. :wink:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

FORDBOYpete wrote:JC,
I'm curious, how do those Hockey pucks play when they're squared up and have a hole in them like that? :lol:

Ooh oh, wait a minute, after enough suds I guess it's not a matter afterall, huh?. . . :lol: :P :lol: :roll:

FBp 8)

after enough suds, Pete any problem in the world can be solved.
(temporarily at least)
[albumimg]331[/albumimg]
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

FORDBOYpete wrote:JC,

FBp 8)

after enough suds, Pete any problem in the world can be solved.
(temporarily at least)

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

you should have a rubber/plastic supply place somewhere nearby where you can get a bar or hunk of something close to size and cut off the length you need and drill your holes .rubber is graded by a durometer, the higher the number the more dense and less squishy it is.

http://www.gardico.com/rubber_pads.html
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton