Anyone tried the 4.5" drop springs from Performance Onl

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DaneW1962Uni

Anyone tried the 4.5" drop springs from Performance Onl

Post by DaneW1962Uni »

Has anyone tried these babies out? I'm really thinking seriously about trying these 4 1/2" Monoleafs out from Performance Online. Does anyone have any comments about these. Want my truck a little lower, but don't have time to install MII so I am willing to sacrifice the drivability for a while.

Thanks-
Dane W
1961 Uni LB
1962 Uni SB
1941 Dodge 3-win
1950 Hudson FB Coupe
1953 Hudson Hornet
1936 Ford "Roadster" Pickup
1941 Chrysler Club Coupe
1936 Ford 4dr Sedan "Gasser"

**WANTED-- 1941 Mopar frame**
ProStreet66

monoleafs

Post by ProStreet66 »

I am interested in a set of these myself. I am wondering how close the axle will get to the rubber stops. I guess you can always relocate the rubber bumpers.When you find out how they are let me know.
jkimbrel65
United States of America

Post by jkimbrel65 »

I have reverese eye 4 drop springs on my uni have 4" between the axle and bumpstop
I tried being normal once...
was the worst 10 minutes of my life
Comet

Post by Comet »

My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Fanatic

I'm Confused

Post by Fanatic »

All this talk of lowering springs confuses my logic.

On my 63 uni I removed the center leaf from the spring pack. This lowered the truck 2 inches. My main leaf is now straight. other than the small amount that can be gained by reverse eyes, How can you get a spring to lower the front any more.? This would make the leaf arched up . Besides the issues of spring to frame clearance and oil pan clearance, I just dont understand how to get lower than what I have.
A 4 1/2 " drop spring would not leave more than an inch of frame clearance no matter how you do it.

Pics or a smack up side the head --PLEASE

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.