Bucket seats

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BigTim

Bucket seats

Post by BigTim »

What would be a nice donor for a set of buckets to fit into a 65? I looked at Glide, but I am not gonna pay that much for a set of seats, have to go wrecking yard seats. I would like to stay with a lowback, or somethiing with a headrest I can leave off.
prost66

seats

Post by prost66 »

SHO tuarus,mustang,T-bird super coupe. I have t- bird seats in mine and we put Sho in the 62 Uni.Both 8-way power and leather. Pics are in my album.Got them in a bone yard. Merle
1966 F-100 "Grabber Blue" Pro St. [ 99 to 44/100% pure recycled FORD ]
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

You can pick up a set of Mustang II buckets pretty reasonable at salvage yards. Put in the shop after fitting and get the upholstery done to suit you.
Jim
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

my drivers side seat came from a 67 ford camper truck, mustang style and the passenger side from an old bronco.the passenger seat in bronco is a flip forward seat, meaning the front is on a hinge and besides folding the back forward, you can flip the whole seat over forwards with the top of the back ending up under the glovebox.both seats are the same color of dirty white with a few holes but in reality they cleaned up good and were easy to install and being lowback look correct in the truck.both were free too. one of these days i will buy a kit from mustangs and redo them to look real nice.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I just got back from a salvage yard excursion, there are a lot of cool seats in some of the import cars. May have to do some bracket work and leave the headrest off when they get recovered. But there are plenty of canidates out there.
hungrymonkey

Post by hungrymonkey »

I saw a bench seat in an excursion that has the shoulder belts as part of the seat. If I can get my hands ona set I am going to go that way.
66 F100 SWB
67 mustang coupe
73 Mach 1

Drive it like grandma stole it.

Never poke another mans rust bubble.

White by birth, trash by choice.
Comet

Post by Comet »

What about original factory buckets? I bought my set for $50. Yeah, they need recovering, but that's easy work I've done before. Plus they look like they belong in the truck, because they do! 8)
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Comet wrote:What about original factory buckets? I bought my set for $50. Yeah, they need recovering, but that's easy work I've done before. Plus they look like they belong in the truck, because they do! 8)

I'm game, hook a brother up
Comet

Post by Comet »

I see them on E-Bay every once in awhile. The seats themselves are not a big deal as they are basically Mustang seats (67-68???). The brackets are the key. I also see just the bracket periodically. If you can do any fab work, though, I think they'd be easy to make. I was going to until I found my complete set. Not sure where else to look, but post a wanted ad here, Fordification (they had the same option on 67-72s) and FTE.
Comet

Post by Comet »

Oh, and I think I got a decent deal on mine. I see brackets going for around $75 regularly, sans seat. My drivers seat is very hammered though. All new foam and upholstery will be required.
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I may just have the bench redone. As my screen name will attest I am a big guy, bench might make more sense. It also gives me the option of my wifey sitting next to me like the old days. :D

Nah maybe I need to go with buckets :lol:
Comet

Post by Comet »

Bahaahaha! That funny right there BigTim! :lol: