What previous owners did

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

I bought a 65 for parts. the guy and his son started fixing it up but lost interest. they had bondo right over the top very rusty metal , and tried to weld a piece of brass over a rust hole. they put an s-10 gas tank in the rear between the frame and hung it with pipe strapping. i only bought it because he had a lot of new parts that he hadnt put on yet . Most of them are on my 65 now. Got a lot of extra stuff but havnt decided what to sell and what to keep. as for the po's they are a lot like midas except every thing they touch turns to sh**
Mellvis

Post by Mellvis »

I have a really cool pair of switches mounted on a peice of sheet metal. One for ignition (really cool NASCAR starter button mounted in the dash) and one for the wipers! But wait....The peice of out 2x6 that was screwed to the dash to make a stereo install kit for the 1978 Autiotronics AM/FM radio beats all!!!!!
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

you guys ain't got nothing on this poor bugger -performing a heroic rescue
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/54495 ... rongs.html
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jimbob1021

Re: What previous owners did

Post by jimbob1021 »

66camperspecial wrote:The original owner of my 66 had a camper in the back so he welded two 1/4 inch plates where the rear bumper bolts to the frame to lower a bumper for the camper,when I bought it I found a universal step bumper on a GM truck that bolted to the holes in the plates but sat 4 inches lower then where it should be. Well tonight I got the die grinder with a cut off wheel,the air chisle and a couple chisles and a large hammer and removed the plates and I did some tweaking to a factory 67-72 step bumper and now I have a decent step bumper sitting where it belongs. It took about 3 hours to get the bumper on and I have been putting this off for about a year and since it was not too hot due to it raining tonight was the night to tackle that job. Jeff
ijust hate that when they do that it's enough to make you just set down and :cussing:
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

I Already posted what was done on the truck i bought for parts, but the one i am fixing up had four coats of paint and two were applied with a brush. the floor on the passenger side had 27 half inch holes drilled neatly in rows through the mat and all . havnt figuered that one out . i dont know if the last owner drilled them or not ,cant ask him ,hes gone to that great slick garage in the sky
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Well my previous owner is actualy a member of at least the old group. He had bought the 64 I now have just for the bed which he put on his REAL NICE 65 short. He got all of the critters out and cleaned it up enough so it wouldn't rot any worse. He also did most of the diassembly so it was actually taken apart rather than hacked apart. He got the box he wanted and I got a nice cab and frame to go with my step box, Thanks Tim!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ABA

Post by ABA »

Here is a little something the PO of my truck did, while changing the rear shocks out earlier today I found fine thread nuts on the course thread upper shock studs.
Luckly it didn't mess the studs up too bad :shock:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry