Indicator light symbols

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

charliemccraney

Indicator light symbols

Post by charliemccraney »

I'm looking into having this cut for the instrument panel in my truck and am interested to know if anyone else might want one or some.

Insert view:

The inspiration for the arrows come from a panel I saw in a '62 Mercury at a salvage yard.

Image Image

Price will depend on just how many people are involved, but at most it's looking like about $65 each, and that is assuming that only 1 other person wants one (2 others would be about $45 each). The official price will be declared when available. I am not asking for money up front but I do expect you to follow through once everything is planned and agreed upon and in motion.

This will by no means be a complete indicator light kit. Far from it, in fact. There will be a lot of work left for you to do, welding them into your panel, making housings, lenses, bulb or led holders, mounting, wiring, etc.

In the picture at the very top, the symbols are 5/16" tall and are following a radius to match the curve of the instrumentation below it. I can modify the design so that the symbols are in line, or even separate from one another and can be more easily positioned independently. I am offering this in an attempt to lower the cost for myself and so design time is not on the table. Within reason, I can make the design more favorable for your application but I'm not going to spend hours on a design for you.
I can also offer a more modern design for the arrows:

This will be available for only a couple days because I need to keep the ball rolling for myself in order to stay on the truck's upgrade schedule. So if you're interested, let me know yesterday.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.