Fiberglass headliners

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

rickairmedic

Re: Fiberglass headliners

Post by rickairmedic »

LOL just figured I would try to help out :D.

Rick
if it aint broke fix it till it is :D
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

We shipped a headliner yesterday with a final destination of Canada. Does that make us Global or just International?

GRAYBEARD
CEO SHADETREE ENGINEERING
If you can't run with the big dogs "STAY UNDER THE PORCH" !!!!!
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

Greybeard - why'd ya edit all your posts toread "phht!"?
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Rusty 63 wrote:Greybeard - why'd ya edit all your posts toread "phht!"?

Rusty,
If I could have figured out how to delete them I would have. It was a time when all of the ways to ship my product got turned inside out. To save confusion I just edited the shipping problems out of the picture. Worked out the only way I can ship now is by Grayhound, even that isn't cheap but they have proved to work out pretty good. $80.00 has proven to take care of my expense and cover just about everwhere I have shipped so far. It's not a get rich deal but workable.

ILC
Jonas
United States of America

Post by Jonas »

I am interested in one of these Headliners. I plan to install two map lights and some type of pocket in the overhead. I would like a link to more pictures, pricing information etc. From what I have seen so far they are very nice. Plus almost two hundred dollars for the cardoard ones, that defenilty have a comparable short life span. I like the clean look of the fiberglass one. Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks
1966 F100 SWB 390/Toploader/Ford traction Loc

1997 F250HD 460 4X4

2004 RoadKing

1984 FLHS

1978FXE
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

I would like someone to sell a headliner pattern.

I want to make my own, I just cant justify the cost of a new one.

I paid $3500 for my truck, if I put another 10k into it, I think I will be able to sell it for about ............. $3500.
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
Jonas
United States of America

Post by Jonas »

I feel you on never getting your money back. I have had this truck for 12 plus years. I would hate to calculate the money I have in it. But I really have enjoyed it and will continue to enjoy it. I doubt I will ever sell it. Personally if I had it completed which, it will be soon. I would take it over a Brand New 40K F250, if it was about which one I liked better. The headliner in a couple years down the road when the headliner you paid more money for still looks great, the money you paid for will be forgotten.

I installed a Dennis Carpenters on a 66 I recently sold. It was good, but basically card board. My father inlaw picked up a 61 that has been sitting here for a few years, just today. The PO who I know installed a home made headliner, cover with carpet. It looked great when he did it. But after sitting a few years is was drupping and bowed and will have to be reworked. So the timing of both my recent experiences help drive me to spend the money on the headline. I already got a new firewall matt, carpet, Mustange Seats, Ranger Brackets,rear slider, new knobs. I will have double maybe triple the money in the interior compared to what I bought the truck for, time I'm done with doors and winsheild. It's a slippery slop. I bought the truck for $550.00. There is a picture on here somewhere with my daughter who is now 17 standing beside it. She was about three then.

1997 F250HD 460 4X4

2004 RoadKing

1984 FLHS

1978FXE
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

BMCGC,

PM me your shipping address, I'm pulling an old original out in the next few weeks I'll save it for you, I'll even ship it free of charge.

GRAYBEARD
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Jonas wrote:I am interested in one of these Headliners. I plan to install two map lights and some type of pocket in the overhead. I would like a link to more pictures, pricing information etc. From what I have seen so far they are very nice. Plus almost two hundred dollars for the cardoard ones, that defenilty have a comparable short life span. I like the clean look of the fiberglass one. Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks

"Jonas"

Thanks for inquiring, If you'd like to see photos go to my album there are a few photos of installed liners. I'll get around and put a photo of the three pieces not installed on that album also. After a shaky re-introduction we've worked our shipping problem out and narrowed it down to the following ! We only ship via Greyhound we can do that for $80.00 in the lower 48 states. You will have to be able to pick it up at the nearest Greyhound terminal. There is a $15.00 packaging charge, the liners sell for $290.00. The total is $385.00. If you want to PM me I'll be glad to send you more photos. We shipped one to N.C. earlier this summer. I like to be up front about everything so if you have other questions I'll be glad to try to answer you.

Graybeard
Last edited by graybeard on December 17, 2012, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Jonas wrote:I am interested in one of these Headliners. I plan to install two map lights and some type of pocket in the overhead. I would like a link to more pictures, pricing information etc. From what I have seen so far they are very nice. Plus almost two hundred dollars for the cardoard ones, that defenilty have a comparable short life span. I like the clean look of the fiberglass one. Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks

I mispoke my album on the H.A.M.B. has the headliner photos, over there it's Graybearded!
Jonas
United States of America

Post by Jonas »

Thanks

1997 F250HD 460 4X4

2004 RoadKing

1984 FLHS

1978FXE
bmcgc
United States of America

Post by bmcgc »

Uncle Skip wrote:Guys, its fiberglass. Cut the console out and glass in a patch. You're going to cover it anyway.
Besides, an old school CB would be bitchin' up there.
Breaker breaker Pig Pen........

Well, we shot the line
We went for broke
With a thousand screamin' trucks
And eleven long haired Friends of Jesus
In a Chartreuse microbus
Over the hill and picking up speed!

1966 F100 (Mine)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
1965 Mustang (Hers)
2012 Dodge Caliber (Hers-under protest)
1998 1100 Aero (Hers)
2001 1100 Aero (Mine)

Wish List:

Win Indy 500
Ask Elvis WTH he has been
Spend the summer as Meatloafs Roadie
Be a member of the "Five Timers" club
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

bmcgc wrote:
Uncle Skip wrote:Guys, its fiberglass. Cut the console out and glass in a patch. You're going to cover it anyway.
Besides, an old school CB would be bitchin' up there.
Breaker breaker Pig Pen........

Well, we shot the line
We went for broke
With a thousand screamin' trucks
And eleven long haired Friends of Jesus
In a Chartreuse microbus

Wolf Creek Pass, way up on the great divide,
truckin on down the other side!
dbrady

Post by dbrady »

Jonas

My 64 F100 is over in Indian Trail until the end of January if you want to see one of his headliners in person. IRL does a good job of shipping, you'll need to run uptown to the Greyhound to pickup but in my opinion worth the effort.

If you want to see my truck\headliner shoot me a pm with your email and contact information and I'll send you the address of the shop.

Darren
Darren

2010 F150
1967 Mustang Coupe
1966 F100
animalv
Canada

Post by animalv »

I got one I'm going ta put some gauges in it and maybe some small speakers in the side of it it's made real well good quality going to be a shame to cover it almost he shipped it to me greyhound to Bellingham Washington and shipping was about 80 bucks
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

Going to Wichita Sunflower Swap Meet, could deliver a headliner up there, save freight and packing will be there Friday Feb 1 in the afternoon and Sat Feb 2 till 1:00 PM. Let me know a couple of days in advance! THANKS!
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

I see that Irl has posted over on the HAMB slick group that if he gets enough pre-orders, he will make a mold for h/l's w/o the dropdown......

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/grou ... onid=31735

GRAYBEARDED quote"No console, headliners, repeat no console, headliners. At the Wichita swap meet this weekend, I ran into a buddy from central Okla. We both have similar interest and are vendors for a few Ford pickup items. He let me know that people wanted my headliners but didn't like the console, to stop them from beating him up, I'm willing to try something.

If I can get ten orders with a $50.00 deposit I'll cut up a console headliner, finish it off sans the console and pull a new mold. The smooth headliners will be the same price $290.00. We ship only to the lower 48 states by Greyhound only, it's $80.00 freight. Greyhound requires a package that adds $15.00. Total at this time $385.00. Payment by US Postal money order or Cashiers Check. Ship within 48 hours of payment in hand (u-check stock first). I can turn this around within 90 days of hitting ten orders or I'll refund your deposit. Check out my feedback on the Bay for fit, delivery, & quality. If this works we'll talk about those pesky unibodies.

The '40 through '47 ford pickup headliners soon, 45 days I'd bet.

If I put these on the Bay I have to bump them up $20.00 to cover their banking system fees.

We love these truxs & enjoy providing something not available anywhere else. Just got started on a short wide 4X4, stoked about that too."quote
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I have a good shape original 63 headliner.

Graybeard, if you wanted to use this as a template to do the same reverse engineering for lower roof slicks, I would be willing to trace them and provide template information.

Just an Idea.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
fordtough75

Post by fordtough75 »

Graybeard,

Will you be at PATE? Fort Worth, next month...
graybeard
United States of America

Post by graybeard »

My intention is to be at Pate on Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th. My headliners sell best at a swap meet where the buyer can see a unit installed in a truck. Shoestring, my well patinated '66 short wide wasn't up to the trip. Fact is oil pressure had been unacceptible for a couple of years! Last week I started a mechanical rebuild of the FE, having the C6 bench rebuilt, swaping the 3:25 gears out for 3:00 to 1, and adding power steering. Actually the PS is this afternoons' project. The transmission comes out tomorrow. The 390 has been in the machine shop for a week now.
We'll be there, I'm going to bring a limited number of headliners. A pre-arranged commitment wouldn't be a bad idea. You would be saving about a hundred bucks of freight expense if you pick one up there.