Rod Doors - How NOT to run a business

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Rod Doors - How NOT to run a business

Post by Uncle Skip »

You guys know I rarely bitch or moan but, I called Rod Doors to order my new headliner yesterday and it didn't turn out well.
I asked the man what the total price would be to ship one to Houston, zip code 77055.
I said I am going to send a money order for the total. No credit card.
I also said I was a member of Slick 60's. No response.
He said the price was $199.00 plus actual shipping. I asked what the shipping would be and he said he had to actually pull the headliner, put it in the box, and weigh it before he would know.
I asked him if they had ever send one out before. He said yes, so he should have some idea what the weight would be.
(Personally, I didn't really care what the shipping was, I just wanted a price so I could get my headliner. Like the time I went into Col. Sanders and asked for a small soda and the idiot told me they didn't sell small.
Only medium and large. If he'd given me a medium and told me it was a small I'd never have known the difference and we'd all have been happy.
But people now days don't seem to have any clue about customer service.)
By this time he was getting testy and was making no effort to solve my problem, and I had enough of his attitude. If I have to make my own headliner, I will never, NEVER, buy anything from them ever again.
If Rod Doors reads this, or if anyone feels the need to pass this on to them, more's the better. Maybe they'll figure out something more acceptable and won't lose any more customers.
What a shame, its a good product I'll never be able to use unless I can find it from another source.
Oh well............................. :? Guess they don't need the money.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Man, I'm just scratching my head over the complete hit-and-miss with that place. Seems like you have to flip a coin in dealing with them.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Skip. I hate to say I told ya so but... 8)
National Parts Depot. Theirs look just like the roddoors one, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make them. NPD has free shipping over a certain price too.. hopefully you have enough there.
[albumimg]1751[/albumimg] click the pic, then click THAT pic to get the biggest one

Roddoors can KMA :evil:
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on July 3, 2007, 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Hey Skip, Tom here , I have a business card that we see them at the swap meets that sells rod doors products C&C Enterprises, Canton Ga. 800-330-8056, 770-345-1166 Or www.cceautointeriors.com See if this helps you out, Tom ? Well everbody should know
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Skip, I used a light gauge sheet metal from the local HVAC supplier, used a patten I got from Kid, and headlinger fabric from the local shop that sells fabric (has a foam backing). cut it out used spray adhesive and installed it two or three years ago. still look great.
There are two photos of the headliner on the old site in "Casey" on the member albums
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

:iagree: Skip,

I HEAR YOU LOUD & CLEAR BROTHER MAN. . . . . no.gif down_1_Revan.gif

secret.gif HOWEVER fyi.gif

C&C is a "ROD DOORS" Dealer & price is same, maybe cheaper if you talk right. . . . :thumright:

Plus C&C will carry their stuff to a "major show" for you if, you prepay it.
It's nada donerros frieght & VERY, VERY BEST OF ALL you'll never need to
learn to speak,"Anal Aperatuer-ese" to communicate with R-D's incompetent
& highly unqualified A$$ H0LEs either. . . . :roll:
shrug.gif cheerleader.gif :rotflmao:

FBp Bolt.gif
Change is the Only Constant
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Definatly noticed a lack of customer appreciation and such out of RD.....Seemes they moved or something like that and use that as an excuse...

Do the NPD thing and order there, The guys in NC or Florida really go out of the way to help.

Garbz
goonie

headliner

Post by goonie »

Uncle skip, I have a headliner from my 66 f100 custom cab that you can have if it will fit your truck. I can't remember the condition of it right off hand, but I will be home this weekend and I can send you some pics. I think it is really good shape except for the passenger side. All I ask is that you pay shipping and I don't know what it will be until I pull it out.LOL :laughing:
GOONIE
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I was going to look into the RD stuff and get the headliner kit, the corner kit and behind the seat kit and even door panels but if their customer service lacks then I will not deal with them. This is probably the 5th or 6th complaint I have heard about them. Maybe it's time people start calling them up complaining for about a week everyday. NPD is about an hour from me so I may drive up there and look at their headliner kit then. What about door panels, etc? I want a nice custom looking one but then again I may not...
65 F100 CC

Post by 65 F100 CC »

thanks for the heads up, may save me some headache.

Mark
If you drive a Chevy, you better have a Good Wrench and even the name Dodge, tells you to avoid it!
truckerdaddy66

Post by truckerdaddy66 »

Hey Skip ,I was thinking of high dollar cheap paneling. Like I saw on a one owner truck on ebay.Although I do want to cover it with headliner material. Eazy to use ,you can get at tayors supply, in the heights, inside loop 610.

Fred New Caney ,Tx.
1944-1961

Post by 1944-1961 »

I dont know what came in 60s trucks but what is in mine looks to be a piece of masonite type board cut to fit, covered by a piece of headliner material, same as a 60s Ford car. Its white vinyl like material with pinholes in it. there is a auto uphostery supplier here in Oklahoma City that has that material for sale by the yard. Id just make my own. If you live in a city there maybe the same type of supplier.
six-two

Post by six-two »

goonie- stop harassing this man and give him a shipping quote. LOL!!!! But seriously I can tell you I won't order from them either just because of that. I hate clerks that are elitist and lazy, if you don't like to do your job, don't do it, quit and find one you like.

_______________________________six-two
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for all the comments.
Soooooooooooo.......
I ordered my headliner from a really nice young man named Russell at NPD in North Carolina today.
No hassels, no lip, no excuses. Just friendly and professional assistance.
He gave me the total parts and shipping (which, by the way was $207.95 tax, title and tags to Houston) and seemed glad to have my business.
The money order went out in the mail about 45 minutes ago.
I strongly recommend you call Russell at NPD for your headliner or anything else you might need for your Slick.
What a great resource.
I'll be doing an install for you and report back under a different post, complete with pictures when i put it together.
ALMOST the last piece of the puzzle.
My elephant is almost gone.
Uh, what I gonna do now?? :shock:
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

:thumright:

Good to see there still a supplier that knows what customer service is.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

Skip, now you get started on a new frame for the elephant. This time like you really want it. Thanks, Lyman.
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Can anyone give me an idea of what these plastic headliners look like? I have a 64 F100 and the headliner looks to be made of a cardboard like material, 4 pieces, it's intact, but could use a good cleaning or possibly paint it The plastic may be a better looking solution. Thanks.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Try ->HERE<- almost halfway down the page.
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Thanks Man!
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer