99-02 Jeep Liberty Seats

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shawn F.

99-02 Jeep Liberty Seats

Post by Shawn F. »

I bought a pair of these seats that are powered and heated from a member here and was going to use them in my 66. The brackets are not even close to the floor in a 66 so I am having to make my own brackets which I already expected. I am using angle iron and cut the stock ones down to size but I am wondering if anyone here has done this with these seats and what they did. I welded the drivers side up (not done completely yet) but still not too comfortable with how they are looking. They will work but I'd still like to see some other idea's if they are out there.
Thanks for any help/ideas!
Clearcreekcustom66

Post by Clearcreekcustom66 »

Shawn i am just going to throw this one out there. what if you use 3/4 square tube and then cut some gussets weld on the inside of each joint. if you knock the corner going on the welded joint you can leave your bead and then t weld the two tubes together. it would be stronger then angle and look cleaner in my opinion. jason
When i start laying black streaks - they start leaving brown ones.

1966 F100 cc 352 soon very soon 351w
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I cannot picture what you are saying... Anyway to draw something up and send it to me? I am trying to understand but don't.... Sorry.
Clearcreekcustom66

Post by Clearcreekcustom66 »

[albumimg]2366[/albumimg][/img]

maybe this will help
When i start laying black streaks - they start leaving brown ones.

1966 F100 cc 352 soon very soon 351w
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Oh ok I see what your saying. Thanks a lot for that info. The only problem here is that the way the brackets on the seat are now I can't do something like that. Well maybe I can but it would be VERY hard. The side bracket is like a big flat plate and the other side (inside) is a weird bracket like thing that I cannot cut and weld a square tubing to. Hard to explain without seeing it. I will post pictures next week of what I have now. I was going to stop on this part of the project and put the stock seat back in for now but today I went to get the stock seat from under the house and now there is mold all over it and it smells horrible and ripped all up. I started on the passenger side and hopefully this week I get the welding part done and start drilling the holes in the floor of the truck to mount them. Then I have to wire the seats all in (which I don't look forward to).
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

shawn, Just saw your post I`ve put Jeep Cherokee electric seats in my 66 if you still would like some ideas let me know and I`ll post some photos of the set up in my album,on mine I used the original front mounting positions.Also becarefull of the height as they are quite high seats.
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Shawn, don't know if I mentioned this before, but those seats are used in other Chrysler products. The Dodge magnum wagons use the same seat, porbably with different seat brackets. Could be other Mopars with them as well. Not to send you on a wild goose chase, but maybe a different bracket would fit your floor?

Or if you need something temporary, I think used bench seats are 30-35 bucks at pull a part. If you want to go I can help you with that one.
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I'd appreciate those photo's. I have the driver's side bolted with 3 bolts on the outside (next to the drivers door) but the inside I have not drilled and bolted yet...
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Shawn, have posted some photos ,are the seats similar to yours.I will do a drawing of the brackets later today and post it.Alan
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Shawn, drawing now in my album,let me know if you can`t follow it.
Alan
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

For some reason the seats don't look the same underneath. Did you have a bracket on the outside of the seats that kind of looked like it had crooked ladder steps on it like a ladder? I think three of them?
Let me try and get a picture of mine either later today or tomarrow and post mine. If I can do mine like that then even better for me because mine sit a bit high and I just dont like how they look.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Shawn, I really cant say what the brackets looked like originaly I know that I cut some pieces off and bend another, must be having a grey moment!.but yes you do have to watch the height it`s amazing how much room those seats take up I`m only 5`10 and it does`nt leave a lot of head room but it does give you a good view of out front. I also used the centre console from the jeep and their the only non FORD parts in the truck,did you get the wire harness with the seats no problem if you did`nt just the plugs make it easy to connect when the seats are in.
Alan :)
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Alan, sorry I totally forgot about this thread and haven't even gotten time to get pictures of my seats yet. I am hoping to do so tomarrow when I get pictures of some headers and a dirt bike I will be selling. Anyways, no I do not have a wiring harness just the wiring and plugs under the seat. That part is what I am going to need to try and figure out. As for a middle console I will mold my own out and make it flow nicely down and from the dash to the back and make it flow with the sides of the seats (same contour) and wrap it in the same color leather, etc.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Shawn, She`s apples mate! I`ll have alook at my wiring and let you know what colours you need to connect too,console sound great!
Alan
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Cool deal, thanks a lot! The thing I need to know how to do is like do I run my own little fuse unit to it and to the battery or what...
Thanks again!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Shawn,I had a look at mine and the power wire is red with grey marker and black is earth on mine I have a painless wiring kit and I used one of the power window circuits for the seats.You could use the accecories circuit or hook into the power feed to the fuse panel and have a inline fuse for protection,but make sure what ever you do have constant power to the seats so you can operate them without the ignition on.I`m sure one of the other members could advise you better on the finer points of wireing(and probably spelling)than I can :roll: .
Alan
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Ok thanks a lot. How about wiring the heated part? They have one of the plugs (male or female I cannot remember) but the other side isn't there so I will have to make a plug. Are your seats heated as well?
I really appreciate the help here, I do not plan to wire them up yet since pretty much everything has gone on hold for a while until I get a new job but I will be writing this down and looking it over so I know what to expect when I get into it.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Shawn,My seats aren`t heated so I can`t help you there,sorry to hear your out of work and hope something comes along soon for you,we`re a bit slow on it to at the moment.If your ecconomy farts ours sh#*s it self.

Alan
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Ok well I will figure that out someway then. Yeah I will find something I am sure. I have looked a little but then again I dont know if I want to keep working doing auto body and painting, maybe try something else out... I am trying to do some side work right now and have a golf cart to custom paint, airbrush and pinstripe but I am not really making anything on that at all.
Well again, I appreciate the help!