I have never been so impressed with a group! Rocco’s 61 Uniy

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

roccosand

I have never been so impressed with a group! Rocco’s 61 Uniy

Post by roccosand »

I have never been so impressed with a group! Rocco’s 61 Uniy.
You guys are without a doubt the most outwardly sharing in mind, thought, and deed.

With sympathy, I bought this 61 F-100 short bed Unibody (see Rocco’s Unibody in Slick60s classified) to keep it from going to a rusty grave with intentions of selling it to a Ford lover (I have been 90% GM all my life). Now we have gotten attached to it. Its become my boy (11) and mine, father-son project.

Don’t let my GMC Van or El Camino hear this, but it has become appealing. I never realized the beautiful body lines this truck had until we started hand sanding. and with affection we now call it the Ugly Rust Bucket (by the way there isn’t that much rust and only three minor repairs to do). I never realized what they meant by “Ford Tough” it has a body like a Sherman Tank.

I enjoy the way you guys share information, which has inspired me to do the right things. We have even found a downer Lincoln Town Car for a possible engine and tyranny.

Thanks guys

Rock
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Rock,
Up front, welcome to our group, SLICK 60s club, and our great new website, and the world of FoMoCo Trucks we know, love and so willingly share with the world. Also, thanx for the "flowers" you bestowed upon us. :D :lol: :D

Truth be known, besides the Uniqueness of our FoMoCo trucks, what makes our group so special besides all the things you noted about our fellow members, is the fact we "discuss" things out and don't get into Peeeing contests with each other, like at some othe sites I know. :roll:

Anyway I think your plan for your "Father/ Son" Project is a GREAT idea! I wish more people in the world did stuff like that with their Kids. The world would be truely better! :roll: :) :wink:

So WELCOME to SLICK 60's and if we can be of any help along the way, I believe I speak for the group when I tell ya we're here to help & support you in your endeavor, so ask away. :wink: :lol:

PS
Do you already Know About Flashbacks, Carolina Classics, and Dennis Carpenter all right there near you in NC, as sources for Slick Parts ?
FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Welcome to the light! Step out of the darkside :lol:

If you compare them honestly, the Uni was Ford's answer to the sweeping lines of the Brand X Cameo, but more thoughtfully and beautifully executed IMO.

If you were to meet this group in person as I just did at Slickstock 2 (and 1) you would find there isn't a greater group of guys to hang with anywhere. Always an interesting story, a good laugh, a great tip, or a snippet of info you needed, or sometimes a little part laying in the back of the truck they will tell you to take.

NC is Slick part Central for sure , in addition to the ones FBp mentioned, there is also Bitlittle , at Little Frame, hoarder of slicks :wink:

So welcome to the group. and remember... put a Ford in that Ford!! :D

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

Welcome Rocco! That's going to be a great father/son project. What a great way to stay close to your kid going into that critical phase in his life-adolesence. Plus, if he gets to drive it when he's old enough, he'll be the coolest kid on the block with the coolest dad! 8)
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Welcome to the Club!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread