love it or hate it

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unforgiven66

love it or hate it

Post by unforgiven66 »

Just joined the club,seems like a very good group with lots of interesting members and topics,I currently have 6 trucks.All ranging from a 62 Mercury uni-body,to a BRAND NEW all orig never touched 66 F-350 cab and chassis,this truck only has 306 orig miles.I currently have a 66 custom cab swb,that I have named "unforgiven II",The truck was an all orig South Carolina truck and I am building a full custom with a 4 link rear and mustang II front,all polished stainless components,and 31"18.5" mickey rears,and the best part is a race prepped big block that will have 2 power adders that will be putting out 1100hp and yes this will be street driven.I will add pics as it gets further along.Sorry if this upsets the purists but like the topic says love it,or hate it.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Sounds Cool to me!

Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I can hardly wait to have ride in it at Slickstock 3 in Kansas City! :D

Johnny Canuck
taker of rides
purveyor of none
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

Ive got to ask because inquiring minds like mine want to know. Whats the story behind the 300 orginal mile truck,detail,details. I heard of stories like these and they always interest me. Darn I should have bought that fancy car from that widow who still had her dead sons new car he bought before he died . She said it was a 500 mile gm pacer or pace car from the late 60s with the words indanaplous or something like that for 500 bucks. Oh well.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Yeah like the crate 427 (chebby) we used to have in the basement of one of the places I worked. Been there, brand new in the crate for years then, Prolly still there now for all I know.... this is like 23 years later.

Who gets this stuff then forgets about it?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

I forgot to add,we need pictures!! On the point of low mile trucks. I knew a guy that his uncle had bought a 65 or 66 ranger . It had less than 10k miles on it and he lost it in a divorce. His wife took it for meaness, the winch.
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Sounds cool 8) 8) 8) 8)
And by the way we are not all purists here. Iam building what my appraiser has dubbed at Unique truck with elements of Pro touring, and nostalgia rod all mixed together. Which basically is an unmolested 64 slick body on a one off custom road race chassis. It is down on the pavement with big tires and big brakes on all corners. Powered by a 351 windsor roller motor bolted to a Richmond 6 speed transmission. So while I will be no match for you in a straight line I will have the decided edge in the twisty parts of the road.
As they say: Different strokes for different Folks. 8) 8) 8) 8)
And yes Johnny I will pencil you in for a Spin in 08 :D :D :D
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

Those all sound like AWSOME projects!

Welcome to the club!

I look forward to hearing more details on all of your trucks!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
doc

Post by doc »

A Ford truck is a Ford truck....no matter what you put in the bed OR the engine bay!!

Sounds like a cool group of trucks!!
'66 F-100 Custom Cab
352/3-tree, red/white, LWB
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

So which St Mary's are you from? Wouldn't be Newfoundland would it?

There is a fellow who noticed my truck and stopped to see if it was for sale because he had one, and he was from StMary's NL. If it is you, I'll be over next week!!
Dave
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.
unforgiven66

love it or hate it

Post by unforgiven66 »

Hello to all the fellow slicksters,First off I would like to thank everybody for the replies to my orig post.Ok to answer some questions,the all orig never touched 66 F-350 cab and chassis was bought new by a fellow in Denver,Colorado in the fall of 65,he got the truck home to build his welding unit on the back and he died before he ever got it built.His wife just left the truck sitting in the shop,thank god it was a good shop with a cement floor,the truck sat there until 1992 when A friend of my dad's bought the truck from the estate.My dad in turn bought it from him and I bought it from my dad.It has sat in the garage ever since and has not moved.I will get ya some pics as soon as I can.Thanx guys.
Comet

Post by Comet »

wow, amazing story. I can't wait for pics! Does it still have that new car smell? :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Comet

Post by Comet »

You know, with a truck like that, many restorers might be interested in little things like paint markings or any unusual quirks that are in dispute of whether or not they are original from the factory or not (can't think of anything on these trucks, but I know some muscle cars had questions answered in a similar way).
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
holmboy
United States of America

Post by holmboy »

Why couldn't I have found that truck? I actually live in Denver! Crap!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

holmboy wrote:Why couldn't I have found that truck? I actually live in Denver! Crap!

It's like the California guys telling me in chat that they can't find any slicks there, when there's one a week on ebay going dirt cheap :?
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post by SCWIDVICIOUS »

i had a 70 bug with 17,000 miles on it, but not quite the same situation..lol
bug was totalled in 70 or 71, then sat in a building till 92 when his grandson got it. fixed the body, then got married, and I got the body, with all its orig interior that was still perfect. was a beautiful car till that woman ran a stopsign 3 months after i got it on the road.
Rick
1965 F100, 352, Cruise-0-Matic
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Nice, need some pics of all of em asap!

Adrianspeeder
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Holmboy, I was just in Arvada two weeks ago. Wished I'd known you were there. Very good hood in a yard near you. Priced to me for 40$, but couldn't haul it.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
foodstick

Re: love it or hate it

Post by foodstick »

Never did get to see the 306 mile truck....
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Re: love it or hate it

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I would just like to mention in this back from the dead thread that Ken was true to his word. I got to ride in Castruck from Foodstick's place and back to Slickstock, and it was a thrilla from manilla. Got a second ride in it at Slickstock this year in KC, and the thrill definitely was not gone. oh no :nono: