Hoodproblems

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Good question! not that I know,but I have seen a injector plate that goes between manifold & carby.Alan[/quote]
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I don't mean to interrogate you but a FI Cleveland would be a fantasy Ford powerplant over here. If I go V8 with mine a Cleveland is at the top of my list, just would be the hardest to find.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Thats OK Greg,351 Clevelands are still fairly common over here.I could probably go to the local wreckers and find at least four of them, C4`s are the choice of transmissions with old FORD lovers.
Alan.
(If you cant afford a FORD,Dodge a chev) nice old saying.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Alan Mclennan wrote:Thats OK Greg,351 Clevelands are still fairly common over here.I could probably go to the local wreckers and find at least four of them, C4`s are the choice of transmissions with old FORD lovers.
Alan.
(If you cant afford a FORD,Dodge a chev) nice old saying.

And they are like hens teeth here. Maybe you could mail me one, lol. Shipping from there to here is ugly though. I found a Ford Capri 3100 RS over there (down there?) for sale and actually priced what it would cost to get her here. The 3100 RSs were never sold in the US (Damn Shame too).
My dream small block Ford setup for a Slick is a FI 351 Cleveland with an AOD behind it. I love 5 speed manuals but seeings as both my Stangs have them and I have arthrtis in my shoulders I should probably have 1 vehicle that has an auto tranny, lol.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Greg, I was talking to a bloke at the pub last night who owns a wrecking yard about the short supply of 351 clevelands over there,and he said `Ah the boat anchors !(holden/chev lover) fairly unkind person. Is the 3100 RS the V6 version ,they rusted out if you used the windscrean washers to much. I saw one at a wreckers the other it to had a clean windscreen but had cancer every where,sorry to hear about the shoulders as mine are shot too,isn`t old age great. Alan old.gif
chiquita

Re: hood problems/flip bonnet

Post by chiquita »

Alan Mclennan wrote:Chiquita/Kevin,
Have posted photos and measurements for forward flip bonnet in my personal album.Alan :cheers:

Allan. That was a nice job you have done but I ordered a new hinge during my holiday from Carpenter.
Real men dont eat suschi.
-66 F250 Twin I-Beam 390/ 3 on a tree.
But miss my -63 Country Sedan.
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

if your hood is fitting bad like you say.. the hinged are worn out. take the springs off and you can get a little more use out of them.. they will sit down right if you take the springs off. you will have to invest in a prop rod but thats cheaper than buying new hinges.. the springs actually pull the hinge apart over time..

joey
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Hey Alan, I'd like to see some interior shots of that little beauty you've built! I haven't seen too many (actually, only one) right-hand drive Slicks in my day. :D

[albumimg]2401[/albumimg]
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Slick Fan,I`ll post some photos this arvo,I see in your avtar the snow blows ,its winter here at the moment ,1:43 PM and its 22 C and i`ve never seen snow falling. :D
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Chiquita, Thanks for the kind words and I know flip bonnets aren`t for everyone and I hope you`ll be back on the road again soon enjoying the view and not watching the bonnet doing the shimy shake.

Slick Fan,The interior shots are posted and I just thought, I should of shown some under bonnet shots so you can see what side she dresses on I`ll do that soon . Alan :cheers:
chiquita

Post by chiquita »

Alan. I try to have my Slick on the road all summer. Soon comes winter and more time for fix and tricks. And last winter we had 30 cm snow. Couldnt hardly come into the garage when it was windy.
Real men dont eat suschi.
-66 F250 Twin I-Beam 390/ 3 on a tree.
But miss my -63 Country Sedan.
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Thanks for the pics Alan, a right hand drive Slick is just trippy. :lol:
The inside is lookin' just about as sweet as the outside, very nice! 8)
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Hey Alan, for those of us who are truly ignorant of the right handed vehicles, are the pedals also mirror images of us lefties, so that the accelerator is pushed with the left foot and the right foot controls the clutch? :hm:
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Gday Gene, the pedals are the same as yours,I think the only difference with the controls is the blinker lever is on the right hand side of the steering wheel( on pre 90s models ) I have transit van for work and my wife has a PT cruiser, new this week ,they both have the blinkers on the left of the wheel.I did my slick the same to save confusion(and turning the wipers on while going around corners).Lefties are what we call catholics over here, some kind of bent humor I think.
Alan :cheers: