Gremlins

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Paul Merrell

Gremlins

Post by Paul Merrell »

:twisted: Does anybody else have them :?: :twisted: And I am not talking about the kids. I have Gremlins :twisted: they let the air out of my tire and caused the king pins in the dana 44 to have 3/4 of an inch play just on the right side. Installed the spare tire and found king pin bad was ok when it was park inside a year and half ago :!: Started as just body resto but now has turned into fixing everything :!: Got a used dana 44 with disc brakes 3/4 ton hub to hub from Tom bulldogflash just got it in last weekend. Today opened garage walked over to truck green antifreeze on the floor :!: D@* :twisted: Gremlins Radiator bottom tank is leaking :!: What else could be the cause :!: The tire never leaked the king pins were ok had just checked them when I put the tie rod end on and checked the toe in and the radiator had been replaced 2 years ago :!: I could see if the brake cylinders leaking and the water pump would leak after sitting but this other stuff what gives :!: Its has to be Gremlins :twisted:
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Got em too. Smelled gas and went out and there was a puddle of gas under the fuel pump. Rubber gas line from the tank feed to the fuel pump just started leaking. I wonder if Chip Foose has these problems.
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

I doubt it he gets the cars done so fast there is no time for them to find the car! I wish I could get my truck done that fast. I do have the cab switch out the wiring done the engine is ok I hope nothing goes wrong with it! front diff is ok now and rear diff has been completely rebuild from hub to hub. The bed is ok fenders ok I just have to do some bondo in a few places paint it and put it back together! And hope nothing else goes wrong! Also have to install power brakes for dics brakes that was just installed. I do like having dics brakes but the cost has been more money about $500.00 And the time it takes to install when I could be working on the body.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Plenty gremlins around here, and one dead cat. Went out to start the green 64, heard an awful noise and the fan belt started squeiling. Turned off ignition, got out of truck walked to the front while anitfreeze ran out of truck mixed with blood. Raised hood, took one look and closed hood. Walked to neighbors house, told htem I had found their cat , and said I need the rdiater replaced. Went and got into the 66 and left. When I went home, cat radiater and fan were gone from my truck, good neighbor.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Wish my neighbour would crawl up in there.

I'd happliy buy my own new radiator. :twisted:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..