Brake booster

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Paul Merrell

Brake booster

Post by Paul Merrell »

Has anyone installed a brake booster from a mustang II on a 63 ford cab
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

BRAKE BOOSTER

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

IM NOT SURE ABOUT A 63 BUT I INSTALLED A 1977 4X4 BRAKE BOOSTER ON A 66, BOLTS RITE IN. THE SAME MIGHT WORK ON A 63.

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Comet

Post by Comet »

Did they offer power brakes in '63? I've only seen the single pot non-power brakes. Wait, I take that back I have seen power brakes before, but they were funky and on the fender, not the firewall.
I think you'll have to find a donor truck from 66 and later and cut the support brackets and linkage assy and go from there.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

we did several years ago, But had problems, the first was getting fluid on to the front lines only, replaced the rear lines but still no fluid, changed the rod to the booster then had fluid to rear wheels but the non to the front finally change the rod & got fluid to all wheels,, What was going was we were pushing the rod in too far or not enough in the master cylinder & going past where it was pumping at we were trying to keep standard pedals so it took awhile but to get it right
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Hey Paul, Tom here I will look on that truck tomorrow for that proportional valve & will call you sometime before dinner break
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Thanks Tom I will call you Thursday Maybe the parts I order will be in Wilson by Friday and I can put the brake booster on and the master cylinder on the truck on Saturday. I hope this works the bolt pattern is 3 3/8 square on the brake booster the truck mount is witgh in 3 1/2 so all I should have to do is cut the nuts off under the dash and make the bottom holes bigger with the die grider and drill two new top holes and use the new brake booster rod that is adjustable and makeup new lines to the proportional valve and then to the wheels.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Hey Paul, SENT That valve out to your parents house today so should have it tomorrow, Tom
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS