PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN IN BEFORE POSTING!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Fanatic

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN IN BEFORE POSTING!

Post by Fanatic »

I have enough trouble keeping you guys straight when you DO sign in

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
GLindley

Sign in...

Post by GLindley »

Maybe we can get Jim Dog to fix it so that a person CANNOT post or respond unless they are signed in...
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah. I've done it myself because I checked the box to always stay signed in, but for some reason it didn't once.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Jin Dog,

I agree with Gene 100%, people who are not signed up & logged in should not be able to post freely on the site . . . .

Comet
When we, or somebody, or anybody cleans cookies from our system we lose the recognition cueing cookie for the site. Some times utility prgrms peroidically wipe out cookies folder contents. But re-logging on is no bigee.

If you checked the "remember me" opiton in the 1st place, when you start to type your log in info in, the blanks get filled in & you're logged in again.

FBp :roll:
Change is the Only Constant
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Had a few quirks on here... I will log in and then it will lose my cookie and my post will come up "Guest".. happened about 5 times so far..

also yesterday editting a post it showed up 3 times in a thread as separate posts...

Nothing that near bothers me as much as typing out a big long post and hitting send , and MSN would just eat it.
somethimes as many as 13 times... 8)

I love this site LOL
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah FBP, I know. I just got caught off guard when it happened. I'm not aware of any other forums I use where you can post freely without signing in, so I didn't expect it. No biggie, but I think it would be a good idea to change it.
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Yeah, on lots of forums and all require loggin in before posting.

Adrianspeeder
SCWIDVICIOUS

Post by SCWIDVICIOUS »

i had that to happen to me once...
I normally hibernate the laptop with my last windo on the screen, after waking it back up, I typed and posted...while it said "You have no new messages Log out [ SCWIDVICIOUS ]" but when I hit submit, I was guest..lol
Rick
1965 F100, 352, Cruise-0-Matic
JimDog
United States of America

Post by JimDog »

Fixed. This was an oversight. When you create a new forum, by default, it allows anyone - even unregistered users - to post. Apparently, some new forums were created, and they were not changed to require login to post. I just went through and made sure that ALL forums require that you be a registered user to post a new message, or reply to one. Unregistered users can still READ, but not WRITE...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.
adrianspeeder
United States of America

Post by adrianspeeder »

Nice, that'll keep the terrorists from posting willy nilly.

Adrianspeeder
Comet

Post by Comet »

Right on Jim-Thanks!
Mazlem

Post by Mazlem »

I've got the main forums page bookmarked. Interestingly when I go there it says I'm not logged in, but when I click on a forum it logs me in via cookie.

I just cleared my cookies and logged in / saved password via the main forums page, but it still says I'm logged out when I leave an come back to the main page. Kind of odd but oh well.