Damn Fords, takin all my money... shoulda bought chevys

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

adrianspeeder
United States of America

Damn Fords, takin all my money... shoulda bought chevys

Post by adrianspeeder »

Picture update of workin on the fleet.

First, wrapped up the taillight wiring on the '66 gettin' rid of all this mess.

Whole new harness from scratch for all the rear lights and a trailer connection. Soldered, heatshrunk, split tubed, zip tied, and taped off. And after all that the tag lights still didn't work due to a floating ground rear bumper that needed a bonding wire.

One project done.

Next, on to the bumpside. New battery cables on clearance at napa for 4 bucks each.

Following part was the one that bothered dad and I. Plugs needed to be changed on the '71's 302, but we didn't have any on hand. For those that don't know the older 302s have a non tapered 3/4" plug. Drove all the way to the dealer in Harrisburg to pick up some, which they didn't have (ok, my fault should have called ahead). Went back a second time to pick the special ordered plugs up. Finally get around to pulling one of the old ones and find this :banghead

Sometime, this 302 was rebuilt using modern heads that use the standard tapered plugs I had sittin on the bench all along.

Oh well, along with a new cap and rotar, that 302 was runnin a lot better and got to go for a drive.

Rt 441

Stoner Drive. pic didn't work out like I wanted, but dad was drivin too fast for me to be hangin out much longer.

Found some 2.85 gas and while dad was filling, I was assigned to stand at the corner and make sure no one backed into the truck.

I thought these came out good.

Yay! I got some wheel time.

And to wrap this up, went to Walmart to get some fuel stablizer and accidently bought the entire remaining stock of half dealer price motorcraft oil and the 1/3 priced last run of good motorcraft filters.

Filled three carts, and didn't have room normally where we keep all the oil change supplys, so now the Lariat is acting like a storage unit...

That is all, carry on.

Adrianspeeder
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

cool pics Adrian, but there ain't no need to go swearing now :wink:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

Chevy's cost even more because they sell everything new. Ford's you have to fabricate, improvise, borrow, refurbish, and scour junk yards for parts. Which is cheaper. :D
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Love the color on your truck, it kinda makes my mouth water. Looking good.