flywheel bolt size or part number

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

redstone65
United States of America

flywheel bolt size or part number

Post by redstone65 »

I'm having to replace the clutch on my truck. Got a new clutch kit and flywheel, but I can't find the correct flywheel bolts for a 240. They appear to be 7/16x20 thread and roughly 1 inch long. Does anyone have a part number or can confirm this sizing? I'm a little nervous to try and re-use the bolts that came off since I don't know their history. They could be factory originals for all I know.
Dave

1965 F-100 Flareside (240 6-cyl)
3 speed. Former military truck.
My wife's nightmare
United States of America

Re: flywheel bolt size or part number

Post by My wife's nightmare »

I haven't looked but ARP should have something for you. I'm lucky to have a fastener supplier close by that has almost anything you want. All grades and materials. It is always an experience when going there. He does not believe in computers so sometimes it takes a while for the counter men to find it but they eventually come back with what you asked for. Might try a place like that near you, at least you can verify sizes.
redstone65
United States of America

Post by redstone65 »

The local Fastenal used to be kind of like that. But, they closed their walk-in counter sales during the pandemic and now you have to pre-order everything and call them to pick it up at the door. Makes walking in with a bolt in hand to match things up impossible. The pandemic ruined so many things that I used to take for granted.
Dave

redstone65
United States of America

Post by redstone65 »

ARP Part# 200-2802 is what I ended up ordering. When I finish the total clutch job and confirm all is working I will be posting a complete parts list with part numbers and links for posterity, as I did with the master cylinder conversion post.
Dave

36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Flywheel bolts are special bolt. They have a thinner and bigger diameter head. I would think FORD would still have them. I did have a set around here not sure I still due though.
Tom Williams