windshield wiper motor options?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

hungrymonkey

windshield wiper motor options?

Post by hungrymonkey »

could anyone tell me what years of truck has a compatable windshield wiper motor? Mine is pretty much stripped out.

Also, would you be so kind as to give me some hints on how to get them out? It looks like its going to be a knuckle buster getting my hands up under the dash to unbolt it.
66 F100 SWB
67 mustang coupe
73 Mach 1

Drive it like grandma stole it.

Never poke another mans rust bubble.

White by birth, trash by choice.
OLDTRUX
United States of America

Post by OLDTRUX »

I dont know what year your truck is, but I have a wiper motor from a 66 if you need one! :D
William-in-St. George

WW Motor

Post by William-in-St. George »

Go over to www.ford-trucks.com and read the technical articles (2). I wrote on of them and if you have more questions post here. Lay an old sheet on the floor and push it up against the firewall. This will help retrieve those tiny clips that you will drop! Trust me on this one!
When you have 90% of what you want, think twice about insisting on the other 10%! Thomas Sowell
hungrymonkey

Post by hungrymonkey »

OLDTRUX wrote:I dont know what year your truck is, but I have a wiper motor from a 66 if you need one! :D

sorry I thought it was in my sig. Its a 66 F100 CC.

oh and Boo on ford-trucks.com, I will leave it at that.
66 F100 SWB
67 mustang coupe
73 Mach 1

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Very simple can do with eyes closed,, :roll: Use any 1967-79 Wiper Motor in a 61-66 truck also use the switch that came with the knob, To go about it follow this when you take off the trans arms one at a time look & see the number & right the number down if its a 440 or 508 & do not mix up the numbers so they go back in the same place,,, Next take the 3 bolts holding the motor bracket on & drop the motor, take the little arm off with the small nut & this has to be put on the 67-79 motor, Now comes the tricky part check & see if this motor will bolt on that bracket , If not the there are certain 61-66 trucks that have this bracket that will take the 67-79 motors, then bolt everthing back & MAKE SURE THE TRANS ARMS THAT ARE MARKED 508 OR 440 GO BACK IN THE SAME PLACE, Then installed wire feed, switch & power, On this switch you can hook up for windshield washers & pull the switch towards to you :D to get the washers to work
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
hungrymonkey

Post by hungrymonkey »

6166 Junkyard Dog wrote:Very simple can do with eyes closed,, :roll: Use any 1967-79 Wiper Motor in a 61-66 truck also use the switch that came with the knob, To go about it follow this when you take off the trans arms one at a time look & see the number & right the number down if its a 440 or 508 & do not mix up the numbers so they go back in the same place,,, Next take the 3 bolts holding the motor bracket on & drop the motor, take the little arm off with the small nut & this has to be put on the 67-79 motor, Now comes the tricky part check & see if this motor will bolt on that bracket , If not the there are certain 61-66 trucks that have this bracket that will take the 67-79 motors, then bolt everthing back & MAKE SURE THE TRANS ARMS THAT ARE MARKED 508 OR 440 GO BACK IN THE SAME PLACE, Then installed wire feed, switch & power, On this switch you can hook up for windshield washers & pull the switch towards to you :D to get the washers to work

Sweet! thanks for the info.
I will be off to the junkyard. Considering its Oregon, and its almost rainy season.
66 F100 SWB
67 mustang coupe
73 Mach 1

ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Where I Oregon are you located? I am in Albany and have one you could have. Send me a PM if interested.
hungrymonkey

Post by hungrymonkey »

ras4434 wrote:Where I Oregon are you located? I am in Albany and have one you could have. Send me a PM if interested.

Just south of Eugene. I will be heading up to lebanon on or around the 22nd of september.
66 F100 SWB
67 mustang coupe
73 Mach 1

GLindley

Post by GLindley »

I would also highly recommend you unscrew your dash insert and pull it out far enough to get it out of the way (you'll probably have to unscrew the speedometer cable) to better access your wiper motor and arms.
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)