Naked people !!!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unibody madness
United States of America

Naked people !!!

Post by unibody madness »

Board has been quiet for awhile, other than face book I think the greatest loss is not having a photo sharing site. I know all my build posts make no sense without pics. I have been waiting for a place where I can put them in order to attempt to rebuild those threads... and so I thought I would ask if there is a new photo sharing site folks are using...Maybe we can breath some life into the old girl.
THIS IS NOT a criticism of how this site is run. If anything, having to deal with the aftermath of the fire where I am, my internet speed is worse than dial up ever was, It impresses me how little we have to deal with on this site. At times the constant scrolling of junk piggy backing onto the facebook site in the lower left hand corner of the screen takes 5 min. to load, and every time I click on something it starts all over again.

end of rant
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
04sd
United States of America

Re: Naked people !!!

Post by 04sd »

It is rather sad to me that it seems like maybe this site is dying. I've only been here a few years since buying my '66 but looking at old posts there was a lot of knowledge and friendship shared here. I'm sure the photo issues have a lot to do with it. I don't do facebook so no idea about that. Maybe others are just moving on to other interests, or sadly old age catching up with some. I was using postimage.org for photos but it is a pain compared to being able to load photos direct to the sight.
Bill
1966 F100 Camper Special, now a short bed 4x4.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1644 ... build.html
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

really don't think site is dying,, especially this year with so much bad problems of people having issues with weather, fires etc.. some have to do with a lot of issues, Then this time of year people are traveling enjoying the beach, mountains, graduations, backyard picnics etc.,, sad is that does not affect us since its 24 hours 7 days a week around here...
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Its slowed down
Face book has taken its toll
Way too many experts on there that make up facts
I really miss the days when I logged on
& a bunch of new post were flashing
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

The site isn’t as picture active, not that it is bad, but Facebook is a double edge sword. It’s instant upload, instant acknowledgement.

Here, here is where you normally go for in depth knowledge. Builds are slow going when you are working for that dollar change.

Me- I’m at a stand still for 16 headbolts. So much work done, but held hostage to a company who failed to meet timeline. I’ll be back in to mine as soon as I get back from my underway trip (deployment).
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
chris401
United States of America

Slick 60's Photo Uploading

Post by chris401 »

unibody madness wrote:Board has been quiet for awhile, other than face book I think the greatest loss is not having a photo sharing site. I know all my build posts make no sense without pics. I have been waiting for a place where I can put them in order to attempt to rebuild those threads... and so I thought I would ask if there is a new photo sharing site folks are using...Maybe we can breath some life into the old girl.
THIS IS NOT a criticism of how this site is run. If anything, having to deal with the aftermath of the fire where I am, my internet speed is worse than dial up ever was, It impresses me how little we have to deal with on this site. At times the constant scrolling of junk piggy backing onto the facebook site in the lower left hand corner of the screen takes 5 min. to load, and every time I click on something it starts all over again.

end of rant
Ha, your title will get this site a lot of clicks. A moderator told me that they are working on fixing our photo problem. Looking forward to posting directly to the site myself. He was not taking donations at the time. Any changes?
Chris
Sportinlife
United States of America

Post by Sportinlife »

I agree that an "instant" picture upload would bring the forum more posts. Hoping that the techies can figure it out. I would like to be able to post pics to a build forum without a Photobucket ad built in, but now it looks like the best solution.
Andy
1964 F100 Flareside, "The agricultural sport coupe"