caribbean turquoise f100 what color seat cover

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Zax63
United States of America

caribbean turquoise f100 what color seat cover

Post by Zax63 »

My f100 is caribbean turquoise and the factory seat covering was black on the bottom and the back was black with a woven insert. I live in the South and a black vinyl seat is not a good idea. So what do you guys think would look good and not toast my rear? I'm thinking maybe white? My steering wheel, door panels, and lower half of the dash are white so I think it wouldn't stick out too much? Other suggestions?
'63 F100 Wrongbed
jamesdfo
Canada

Re: caribbean turquoise f100 what color seat cover

Post by jamesdfo »

After owning a Mercury Zephyr (Fox Body) that was a pale yellow (similar to butternut yellow) with a similar colour interior, and remembering how much time I spent keeping those seats clean, WHITE would be the last colour I would choose........

See samples in link below, but I think the one I've inserted would be a good choice?

https://smsautofabrics.com/collections/ ... ies-pickup

skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

I went with Black vinyl and did kind of a crushed velvet black where you sit does not get hot at all
https://postimg.cc/nCnxxMb6
Zax63
United States of America

Post by Zax63 »

jamesdfo wrote:After owning a Mercury Zephyr (Fox Body) that was a pale yellow (similar to butternut yellow) with a similar colour interior, and remembering how much time I spent keeping those seats clean, WHITE would be the last colour I would choose........

See samples in link below, but I think the one I've inserted would be a good choice?

https://smsautofabrics.com/collections/ ... ies-pickup

I do like that pattern. But I would have to have a it as an insert on the seat and the back. Not just the back like my factory seat.
'63 F100 Wrongbed
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

A white seat with that pattern as inserts for the upper and lower would look sharp I would think.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

I put a 2011 dodge truck seat/console in mine in gray, it has cloth inserts and I never feel the burn. I still have scars on my knee from the knee jerk reaction when I was in my twenties and had a black vinyl seat.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
MY OL 66
United States of America

Post by MY OL 66 »

Granted, my '66 is Caribbean turquoise and white, but my interior is the Palomino, which is between white and tan.
That might not show the dirt and stains as much as the white does.
Having said that, my '65 Mustang has the Wimbledon White seats and I usually do not have much of a problem keeping them clean, altho it is more of a weekend/show car and not a daily driver...
Steve F
1965 Mustang Coupe
1966 F-100 Shortbed CC/Ranger
2010 Mustang GT Convertible
2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible