Sound deadening the '66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mazlem

Post by Mazlem »

A single roll is $119. Here's the link - CLICK ME

There's info on sound deadening and tests of various products here - http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks. Yeah, I think I've been to that website before. Posted on another forum. Good stuff, thanks!
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Mazlem

Post by Mazlem »

Doc Pepper wrote:What I did to my cab was buy a whole bunch of gray carpet padding. It's cheap and works very well. I glued a layer of carpet padding all around the cab. I also took some couch foam, rolled it up with some duct tape, stuffed it into a garbage bag, wrapped some more duct tape around it and stuffed it in the round corners behind the door panels and the gas tank. I glued a second layer of padding to the first layer on the ceiling so that the only painted part showing was the rib that crosses.

As a result, the truck rides very quiet and rattle free.

Now if only I could figure out where to mount the speakers!

I'm sure it works well, but I'd never do something like that. I'd feel like I was sitting in a fire trap.

For the speakers - I've got the same problem! I really don't want to put them in the doors, though since I've put the sound deadening in, I could add some foam to the doors an the acoustics probably wouldn't be so bad...
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

I will look on No Limit for that stuff... I am sure other places carry it as well. We have some at the shop here but not sure where we got it from since it's been in there forever. I will find out for you. Let me look on No Limit first and find out the name brand.
Mazlem

Post by Mazlem »

Well I got plates so I was finally able to drive the truck a couple times over the weekend; it's getting inspected today.

I'm getting some noise coming in from the tranny access plate, (which is definitely not sealed very well.) There's some wind noise from the driver's vent window which I haven't gotten weather-strippping for yet. I think I'm getting a lot of noise too from the engine through the firewall. There's a number of holes for wires which don't have grommets or anything. So I've gotta see about plugging the holes and putting some sound deadening in that area too.

I've also gotta secure the big vent hose to the heater / fan, though I'm tempted to just take all that out since it's a summer truck. Probably the biggest problem with wind noise is having the vent doors at the last possible point in the cab. Maybe I should just seal the big vent hose where it first comes into the cab for now..