aftermarket a/c

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. D

aftermarket a/c

Post by Mr. D »

Hi to those of you that have aftermarket a/c installed on your slick, how well does it work? I don't have the dynomat material in the truck. I do have the back window tinted with very cheap do it yourself tint.

I live in LasVegas so it would be nice to ride in a cooler truck as needed.

thanks

I have installed a aftermarket temp gauge and the hottest the engine has read while driving in 110 degree weather is 190-200. 352 engine.

thanks, Kelly :D
keep the rubber side down
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

I know some people that have used Vintage Air products are very happy with them.

www.classicautoair.com has a perfect fit system. Looks real nice in the pictures. Not that pic, I saw a installed picture somewhere

FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

ac

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

I JUST INSTALLED CLASSIC AUTO AIR PERFECT FIT IN MY 66. I LOVE IT WORKS REAL GOOD. EVERYTHING IS IN THE KIT, NOTHING ELSE TO BUY EXCEPT FREON. I USED THE 135R. I THINK THE FAN MOTOR PUTS OUT 750 CFM ON HIGH. THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE IS YOU LOOSE GLOVE COMPARTMENT SPACE.

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
1st64bigwindow

Post by 1st64bigwindow »

My buddy and I are going to put air in the rat for the trip to kansas in 08.He is a heating and air conditioning guy we can figure some thing out if not I will knock out that big back window and put in a window unit out of the house :P all I would need is some duct tape and a power invertor :wink: LATER
Chad
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

Chad, if you're gonna knock out that big back window, I'd gladly take it off your hands, you won't need it after you replace it with a piece of plywood cut for a house window A/C unit! :mrgreen:
Gene
1961 Intregal cab SWB 223 (getting 302 & TIB)
1969 LWB 302 automatic (Donor for the '61)
2000 F150 XLT SWB (Daily Driver)
Comet

Post by Comet »

I've heard mixed reviews on Vintage Air. Some like, others say they will never do one again. No personal experience, just what I've heard on some car builder sites.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D