Nice Engines

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shawn F.

Nice Engines

Post by Shawn F. »

Does anyone have any pictures that I can get some idea's off of of a very nice engine (351 preferred or 302, just anything similar). Reason for this is so I can get some ideas on how to hide my wires, hoses and organize all the lines, wires, etc. Right now mine are a bit tidy but I see some that are just VERY clean and well hidden. I would like toget my plug wires all very clean and hidden under one of those billet specialties things that go on top of the valve covers but any pics would do!
Also, I am running an MSD Pro Billet Distributor and MSD box along with the timing controler insid the cab. Where do you guys recommend putting these on a 66 F100? I was thinking under the battery box on the wheel well there but then I have to worry about the battery ever leaking and getting on the box and it getting ruined. I need to keep it away from heat of course but also do not want it in a place where all the wires are comming out and it's RIGHT THERE in your face.
Thanks a lot for any info here guys! I am also hoping that maybe some others will get some tips and help from this thread as well.
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

There are a couple of companies (cant recall the names :roll: ) that sell cops that re-order the plug wires (not the firing order) so that they don't cris-cross over each other. I would look into those.

As for the MSD Box...I would put it on the fire wall and wrought the wires neetly up by the cowl. If you did want to put it under the Batt, just get a Optima and then it will not leek. :lol:

I think a nice way to do wires is to rap then in electrical tape. It looks stock and clean. Just run them on the opposit side of the carb linkage.

I will look through my pics to see if I have any 302's.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Shawn F.

Post by Shawn F. »

Thanks a lot! I bought some of that wire loom in black (I know lots of people use that chrome instead but it gets too gaudy (sp) looking) so hopefully that will clean all my wires up. As for the MSD wire thing, I will have to look into that. I am going to Pep Boys in a little bit to see what I can find now as well, there is a big one close by and they normally have a TON of things there.