Yearly rant

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Uncle Skip
United States of America

Yearly rant

Post by Uncle Skip »

What's on my mind.
My yearly rant about COLON CANCER is what's on my mind.
I'm starting my13th year of survival from stage 4 colon cancer and I'm thankful to the doctors, nurses, and surgeons who saved me, but truthfully, it was a situation that could have and should have been avoided if I'd gotten a colonoscopy when I was 50.
Folks, colon cancer is dangerous because its slow growing, it doesn't hurt until it's to late, and if you're a man, you 'WANT" to believe those black spots in your stool are from having eaten a steak the night before, not a sign from God that you have a problem.
I survived for of a lot of reasons; the most important of which was that God apparently wasn't done with my worthless ass yet (pun intended).
Please, man or woman, go get a colonoscopy if you're over 50. It doesn't hurt a bit, the drugs are great and you might just save yourself having to wear a fucking plastic bag on your belly for the rest of your life.
Trust me, that part really sucks but its better than assuming room temperature because you were chicken..... or stupid.
If you've never been checked, please, do it now and save your own life.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
jamesdfo
Canada

Re: Yearly rant

Post by jamesdfo »

Amen to that Skip!!
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Skip, I started having my checkup before it was easy, and I still don't like it. The ol proctoscope was a real thrill , and if you never had that one count your lucky stars. Then came the snake thing, another thrill .

Rich
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

All veterans should request the procedure.I've had two,always the same someone says start counting backwards then I hear someone saying,Dan wake up....just like that it's over.
Dan
yellodog
United States of America

Post by yellodog »

thanks skip.

i know i need one. you just pushed me off the fence, i'll call monday.
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Thanks Skip! I got mine, couple of polyps and I'm good for another 5 years. Had a dear friend that lost his battle with colon cancer, damn shame. Listen up people Skip speaks the truth.
William-in-St. George