1964 Manual Disc Brakes

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

F164

1964 Manual Disc Brakes

Post by F164 »

Im thinking about this proportioning valve from POL with the Speedway disc conversion.

Has anyone used this? It looks like it would save some work fabricating and bending lines and solve the stop light switch problem as well.

https://www.performanceonline.com/FORD- ... KUF-19715/

Also offered with the M/C for a Mustang, I don't see why it would not work on a F100.

https://www.performanceonline.com/1964- ... Kit-19291/

Im sure it can be done for less money, but I like quick and easy when possible.
wndsofchng06
United States of America

Re: 1964 Manual Disc Brakes

Post by wndsofchng06 »

Looks interesting! Anyone willing to throw down the money and try?
MPH
1963 F100
Durham, NC
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I had this system on my '57 F100 but it was power. Seemed to work good.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

I was probably the first to put disk brakes on my straight axle and I love them, even without power. But you do need the Wilwood style adjustable proportioning valve on the rear brakes. Go for it.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I am not certain what is pictured is a brake lamp switch, based on location and the single wire. It appears to be a brake failure switch activated by uneven pressures in the separate systems. A brake lamp switch, mechanical or hydraulic, can easily be added to the new system; if using a hydraulic unit, I would strongly advise against one which operates off lower pressure than the original. Residual valves are often built into the master cylinder, and may approach the operating pressure of the switch if installed on the drum brake line. Ford's combination valve offers several advantages over the aftermarket ones, IMO, although not adjustable. I seldom use an adjustable unit; preferring to balance my system via sizing of components, then relying on the stock style valve to provide any needed bias. :2cents:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul