Another Truck on E-bay I would stay away from

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Another Truck on E-bay I would stay away from

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Listing it here instead of the FYI since it seems the last one nobody paid attention to,, Anyway this seller has several accounts and it seems when the feedback get real bad he changes the name of him.. he has had several Mercury Trucks and several bidders with no feedback raising the bids up. I just hope he is not a member here because if he is and I am telling it the way it is he is a low life scammer of peoples hard earned money. also he says no pay pal cause he knows that pay pal will give the money back when something is fishy, The truck has a lot going for it, but as the seller I am not sold, So fellow slicksters beware and read carefully even if it takes several times

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161936798861?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Last edited by 6166 Junkyard Dog on January 7, 2016, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: Another Truck on E-bay I would stay away from

Just so some might think I am on his case, here is another one from the past, this Merc was sold 3 times with 2 positive feedbacks for same truck, has a 91 feedback from another and he wants you to look up his past, well I did, too bad its from the United kingdom and who knows who or where you are calling,, Its just hard for me to understand that there is several different people in this small town selling Merc trucks and has very close to the same way its listed,, he also had another Merc but I lost on how that was bought and sold , it was a red Merc with almost the same way listed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201464064898?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Just read the first one... Mercury 250...
I agree kinda strange (fishy)
Why would you replace all the brake lines..
But not put 4 matching tires on ? .. That hold air !
And (completely) go thru transmission...
If it has less than 40k ?
Defiantly a seller.....
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

looks fishy for sure.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Thanks for posting this Tom I have seen the ads they keep coming up. When you look at he's feedback he's a scammer. Wonder where he's get's the trucks from. Where he says he's located I could drive up and have a look at them. But not interested in them with him as a seller.
Tom Williams
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Tom on this one I was bidding on it the first go around,, then all these people start going crazy that had just joined or had zero feedback, I sent him a message warning him what could happen with shell bidding and all of sudden those bids where canceled and truck was sold but I was not the bidder. so then few weeks went by and got a message saying truck going back up for auction, RED FLAG Since the suppose buyer gave him a + feedback for the 2nd go around then 3rd time went up higher and I don't know if it was sold :?: but give it time , also now he does not want paypal cause he knows that paypal will force him to give money back, I think it will show up again.. oh YES I like this for saying it might and not might have a title when saying this < His words relevant paperwork to register in your home State. >

I know I bought last year a 63 short bed in AZ , paid deposit 1000.00 for it and balance upon pickup, went and picked it up and seller promised a title, Well he did not produced one in 3 week and more or less said tough, Well sure enough he was put on a conference call with paypal and I got my 1000.00 + kept the truck and that is why this person DOES NOT WANT PAYPAL so he will not loose any money if something is not right with this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201464064898?_t ...
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

HERE Is another one,, at this minute 4 trucks on E-Bay 2 53/55's, one is a Mercury, 1 51/52 and this one with all different e-bay names, same block letters and almost same similar description in ad, some same phone numbers BUT All in ND. It's like its going to go on and on with this crooked seller, but you be the judge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-Pick ... 1523771953
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

This one is in the same town in ND. But ebay says member in Canada.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-350-EXPR ... 1894268628
Tom Williams
CHOPPERS
United States of America

Post by CHOPPERS »

Hi, New to this site....I actually bought that 62 Mercury M250 Unibody in the first post...I am from Chicago, I have met the guy....I filed all the paperwork and am waiting for Illinois to send me the title, they said the paperwork was good, but I am waiting for the actual title to be mailed to me, a few weeks out.

Let me be Clear...If I read these posts first, I never would have bought the truck, I felt extremely uncomfortable buying something out of the country, especially with needed passports to cross borders. You see, I am also a biker, and if someone burned me , I would plan a bike trip and unexpectably show up at someones house or business or job if need be. As long as it's in the United States, I could be there. I did call and spoke with him and I felt somewhat comfortable in bidding on the truck. Well, I didn't like the No Paypal thing, So I mailed out Money gram International Money Order. His phone changed a few times as he said when he enters our country, he gets a new phone. So I was getting worried, I knew what paperwork I needed and re-iterated it to him on several occasions, Must have a Canadian Registration [no titles in Canada], must have a Form 7501 US Customs form[you get this when crossing the border with any vehicle, and you need the registration to cross the border], and lastly you must have the Bill of Sale, which he did have. And, He actually offered to deliver it to me for $800.00, So I agreed.
I really thought he disappeared and lo and behold he kept his word, He delivered it himself and He is actually a very, very nice guy. He is a young guy, but he is actually really knowledgeable about these trucks, he buys and sells them and delivers them all over our country, By the way he isn't even from Canada, he is a Englishman. To ME, after I had met him, He is a very honest man, hustling to make a living and having fun doing it. After seeing all these posts I would be worried too...but has anyone talked about being burned by him? Once when I expressed concern to him, I told him, You have my Money and I really don't even know who you are, He offered and sent me a pic of his Drivers License Immediately. He was honest. and it is sitting in my driveway right now.
Email me anytime you like, Steve-o zanman428@gmail.com
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

CHOPPERS I am glad you did not get burned BUT I still do not trust him,, as far as his know how on these trucks if I still have the e-mails someplace I can show he did not know nothing till I asked several ?'s and wanted him to prove to me it was a true Merc., also why so many accounts on E-Bay with some going out of this country and even on this side of the Pond as well,, as far as phone changing I have been to Canada not too long ago with that not happening,, Also I checked that US Has to have a title to bring a vehicle back in this country legally and I would be 100% be sure all #'s match in which he told me it did,, that truck sold 3 times ? on the 2nd listing and if he was so great why has not one buyer on these Ford Trucks give a ++ Feedback. Sorry but some of the 61/66 Trucks I have seen ALL Had Titles from Canada. But after several Bidders with 0 feedback, truck being sold 2 other times where even 1 buyer gave + feedback and then truck back up for sale I'd pass on it. In our state that paperwork would not work and like many other states are doing now, Maybe I am worry wart, But as many ads I have seen with several different names from same person selling vehicles I bet he knows a way to get across the border with out being detected legally or illegally , Sorry But I will still not trust him,, Like I said I am glad it turned up good for you and hope the truck works at great and turn it into a good driver/show truck

scam artist, liar, your crazy to buy anything from this guy, does not deserve ,, This was one of his feedback on a F-250

AND CHOPPERS, This is the one that had the bad feeling on,, Not the one you bought just to clarify that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201464064898?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Last edited by 6166 Junkyard Dog on February 16, 2016, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Choppers

Glad the truck seems decent
I hope the title doesn't become an issue
I'm from Kansas , and if there is a state that makes old vehicles hard
To register... Kansas is at the top
No title vehicle here... Is junk iron, sad but true

And welcome to Slick60s !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
CHOPPERS
United States of America

Post by CHOPPERS »

Believe me, I haven't left feedback yet because I don't have the Title in my hand yet. A couple weeks out, patiently waiting....
If I had found this thread first, I would not have purchased it. I was 'totally worried', But He did bring me a U.S. Customs form #7501 and the Manitoba registration. He said you can't cross the border without the Registration, I called the Secretary of State here in Illinois, and they confirmed, I must have a registration and Form 7501. I went to the DMV last week and gave them all the paperwork, and they said it was all good, but I am waiting for the actual title to be in my hands before I leave feedback and before I do any work on it.
All numbers are good and the truck is all original and pretty much untouched , save for the hood and tailgate, it does run pretty good and shifts and brakes pretty good.
All said...the many accounts does look funny, I never found all those before yesterday, It does look crazy, I am glad I have the truck and the paperwork.
It is weird, he is from England, living in Canada, and traveling all over the United States. But he looks to be having fun and I had a good business dealing with him. I also found him on Facebook, and he does sell a lot of trucks.
My only suggestion would be to keep the worrying at an all time low, would be, to do COD.
Steve-o
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Tom: I've lived in Canada ALL MY LIFE, in Alberta since 1963, and been driving since ~ 1977......ALBERTA DOES NOT HAVE TITLES FOR VEHICLES. Every used vehicle I have ever bought or sold has been on a Bill of Sale.
Some of the other provinces may use them (BC?), but Alberta does not.................

James
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

^Same goes for Saskatchewan. I don't know how the Manitoba system works, but here's some info that might be helpful:

https://www.mpi.mb.ca/en/Reg-and-Ins/Re ... klist.aspx

The multiple accounts is a bit odd, so I see what you're getting at Tom. As far as getting a new phone multiple times, he could be just getting pay-as-you-go cells to use whenever he's in the U.S. so that he doesn't need to purchase a U.S. data plan from his regular provider. Otherwise he could get inadvertently dinged for some major data and roaming charges. The Canadian cellular market is controlled by 3 major players so the level of competition is much lower up here, which means our prices are higher.

Welcome aboard, CHOPPERS. Hope everything goes smoothly!
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

SEE Now I am confused,, On 1 truck he told me he had a clear title on this Merc F-100 and I asked to be sure this title matched frame stamping and data plate,, he then asked me where it was stamped and where he could find the data plate ??? so I had to tell him, then he responded with everything was OK,, BUT I did notice on a lot of others he is selling is that he has the paperwork to get the title.. I guess some of you are saying that some Providences has no titles, Now few years ago we went to BC to get a Merc and the seller did show me a title that I checked the numbers and where right,, I did not get that truck cause it was little more rougher than we wanted and we got full refund. I do know we checked and was told that crossing back into the US from BC I would need a title need some other papers + a receipt from seller showing what was paid for the truck, One thing I did not need was some paper work that was related with EPA Laws, I went on line to see what was needed, This was a couple of years ago now
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

It is definitely confusing, especially if sellers are using the terms "title" and "registration" interchangeably. I do see on the green one you posted that the ad does specify "clear title", and that he also has a COE that comes with a Wisconsin title. Really not sure how that works to be honest.

Manitoba does have a Transfer of Ownership Document (mentioned in the link I posted earlier) and BC has what they call a Transfer/Tax form: http://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registratio ... er-tax.pdf
CHOPPERS
United States of America

Post by CHOPPERS »

He did say he had to show the Border guys his bank account to show that he deposited the money that was on the Bill of sale. He must've had to pay a tax. I researched online, and many states require the US Customs form 7501...and you can't get it unless you have the title[or registration]...believe me, I was very worried after I had sent the money, I called daily and texted constantly, I didn't even know about those other accounts, that would have had my blood pressure through the roof. But it all worked out. It seems he rents some yard space just over the border in Canada, and the yard in Pembina, MN. is just a Border store, I looked it up and actually did a street view of it, It is just an exchange joint. I paid him an extra $800. and he delivered it directly too me. I didn't have to drive 14 hours one way and get a hotel or nothing. good deal for me. I found him on facebook and he loves these Mercs, he has sold a few and is on the f-100 and Merc pages on facebook. He even gave me an extra tailgate.
Steve-o
Attachments
tn_IMG_0805.jpg
tn_IMG_0805.jpg (53.85 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Sounds like it turned out alright then. Lucky man to get a spare tailgate, especially one looking that good!!
CHOPPERS
United States of America

Post by CHOPPERS »

9 business Days waiting, I received the Title today. Very Happy, Ready to start on the minor restoration.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I am with James, I have never heard of a title on a car/truck in Canada.
It is tricky to get a title, obviously though, it can be done depending on your state's laws.
I have heard nightmare stories about people not being able to register or get title to Mercs, specifically because of this exact business. Maybe that's just from the people who don't know the right hoops to jump thru.
I have been following this guy on Facebook, he is a bit of a weasel really. The light green unibody was initially offered on Facebook for $800.
Then he cancelled all that, and put it on eBay three times.
The guy said he might soon be moving to Canada, but obviously already lives here. Seems like there's some serious bullschmitt going on here, no matter which way you slice it.
Perhaps the threats of a biker made him get up and dance for you Choppers, I'd be seriously concerned (as Tom is) about anything else from this dude. He seems to be making it up as he goes along.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..