air suspension on a 66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Garbz

Post by Garbz »

I agree bags work for drag racing, or road racing, They in fact work quite well when used in conjunction with other progressive and thought out suspension components.

Fat man is the only one to speciffically make a kit for the 34" slick frame. They pioneered it on Alans 66 truck of the year winner.

My point is that the twin i beam even with its limitations can be bad assed. Point of example is Merles 66 Pro Street.

Truck of the year winner and 100% BADASS he has modified stock ford twin i beam suspension.

If i ever make a product it will be drop spindles for 65 to 79 Twins...now there will be a cash cow....

Suspensions need to be throughly thought through. I took advice years ago and have a couple of hundred hours of junk still sitting here.

Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

garbz wrote:If i ever make a product it will be drop spindles for 65 to 79 Twins...now there will be a cash cow....

Garbz, apparently they are out there already. Talked to a guy with a 66 Merc that has them He can't remember where he got them tho 8)
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Johnny Canuck wrote:garbz wrote:If i ever make a product it will be drop spindles for 65 to 79 Twins...now there will be a cash cow....

Garbz, apparently they are out there already. Talked to a guy with a 66 Merc that has them He can't remember where he got them tho 8)

Back in the early 90s there was a company in Ohio that made drop beams, long before AIM or DJM. They are forged instead of DOM tubing. I have a set I ran on a 78 F150. They are going on the 65 after I get finished with the motor.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Tim these are drop SPINDLES. Seen them myself.. 3 or 4"? drop.
Stock I beams.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

JC were they possibly reworked stock units?

I have found no one that will admit to making droped spindles for Twin I beam trucks.

Oh Hopefully Steve will put up some pictures of the latest suprise he recieved at the shop for the 62 uni build...........( :D ) Big time smiley
Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Guy said he Bought them from a parts house in the states.

So long ago he couldn't remember which one. What can you do.. they looked cast, not (beautifully)manufactured like Merles. Saw them in June, the guy had drum brakes on front..

Maybe the place went out of biz, I never heard of them before or since either
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

:roll: Cast....sounds like some modified ranger units...

Little grind here, little bore there and walah.....Siome prime Ralph Nader work.....

Garbz
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Cast steel.. looked like stock actually, just with the spindle location higher on the buckle
1fast66ford

Post by 1fast66ford »

If I do bag it will have a 4 link rear end set up. i just want it low and i dont want the front tires bowing out any more. (made the mistake of cutting the front springs and now it looks like a horses ass)