air suspension on a 66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unforgiven66

air suspension

Post by unforgiven66 »

Ok guys,I'm sorry about my last 2 posts on here,I have not had a good day and it is unfair for me to vent on here,I just don't understand why someone would say what the did.Anyways I appoligize for my actions.Elpolacko I appoligize for any comments made at you or your qualifacations,I am sure the trucks you build are of high quality but you must understand mine are as well,maybe I can not build to Riddler quality on my own,maybe I can,there is only one way to find out right.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

No offense taken man, I did not intend to offend either but if you need to come here for advice on air ride for a truck you intend on competing for the Riddler with you may be over your head.

That's all I meant.

The majority of folks here are interested in daily driven workhorse type trucks. Show car just isn't in the vocabulary.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

you need to get some hooked on phonics books and tapes

Unfortunatley those books dent cover punctuation :lol:
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Re: air suspension on a 66

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

1fast66ford wrote:does anyone have a clue on bagging a 66?

ARE YOU CONFUSED YET? HAS YOUR QUESTION BEEN ANSWERED. THE BEST THING TO DO IS ASK YOUR QUESTION, READ THE REPLIES TO YOUR POST AND MAKE YOUR CHOICE. MAYBE EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT.

EVERY ONE HAVE A GOOD NITE REST AND SEE YA TOMORROW.

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
a2z64

Post by a2z64 »

I had to read back through this thread to remember what the orginal question was and I'm still not sure it was answered! I guess I'm not gonna help either because I don't know and I don't want to get my a$$ jumped by anyone for saying the wrong thing. I've always said build it your way, it's your truck and it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. MII, solid axe, twin I beam, low, high, stock, custom whatever trips your trigger.
Alan
Low 64 F100
49 F1
51 Studebaker Champion
Comet

Post by Comet »

Unforgiven, I didn't take ELP's comments as a rip on your ability. I took it more as commentary on the uphill battle you'll have campaigning a truck with bags for the Ridler. If you've been there, then I think you already know that. The fact you're going for it with a truck is cool IMO. Someone has to be first with a truck to win! Best of luck.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Me, Im just an a$$h0le....and never have been skeered to admit it. :shock:

And it was freindly banter, My point was not to contend or stir, it mearly was that the FIRST thing when asked for an answer to suspension mods should be asked back with a question.

What do you want to do with the truck? :D

In fact it should be a suspension sticky...... and mandatory post rule of its intended use.

1 Riddler Winner.
2 Trailer Queen
3 Drag racer (trailered)
4 Weekend Warrior.
5 well you get the idea.

Garbz

And crap still slips past the spell check....LOL
unforgiven66

air suspension

Post by unforgiven66 »

Elpolacko,I DID NOT come in here asking a question about my suspension.I was trying to answer a question.
Oh well think what you want man,maybe we can compete at a show sometime and then we will see who is over their head.
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

News Flash

Slick Build OFF

Canucks VS the US........
STAGE Enter left coast Elpolacko
STAGE Enter right coast Unforgiven66

See you at slick stock 08'

man see what a little keyboard lubricant can start :shock:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Play nice Boyz 8)
Steve we have all seen what you can do, and if you don't choose to compete, hey you must have your reasons, man.

Unforgiven I think it was misunderstood in this long thread that you were the asker of the original question, not an answerer. Thanks for helping out bud.

Good Luck on the Ridler. A guy from Edmonton, just a regular guy not a builder, made the great 8, 2 years ago. At least according to the TV show "Rides"
You can do it man. :mrgreen:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
unforgiven66

air suspension

Post by unforgiven66 »

Ok,finally someone that read the posts and seen that I was answering the question not asking the damn question.Thank you.
As for your slick build off,bring it on.I have never backed down from a challenge yet,that should been obvious going for the Riddler with a truck.
C ya.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Yup, you did not pose the original question.

By the way you were rapid firing your defensive responses it seemed as if you were defending your stance on an air-bag suspensions. And from my point of view it appeared as if you were asking about the viability of using such a suspension on a "show" vehicle.

I'm not affraid of a challenge either. So how do you want to set the table? How about pattterning it after the now defunct Rod & Custom Ego-Rama contest.

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/eve ... go_rama_v/
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

ELpolacko wrote:How about pattterning it after the now defunct Rod & Custom Ego-Rama contest.

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/eve ... go_rama_v/

That sounds like fun!
unforgiven66

air suspension

Post by unforgiven66 »

I did not ask about the viability of putting air on a truck for show,I can and will do as I see fit,all I was defending was the misconception that air supension is only for show vehicles and that you can not tow with air.All I was sayin in defence was that I have 2000 Lightning with air and custom suspension and I drive it all the time and tow a trailor with it as well and it works just fine.
As for the challenge of build off,set the table my friend and I will be there for dinner. :lol:
"when the green flag drops,the bullshit stops"
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

who needs Boyd"the butcher" when you got us guys givin all this drama eh,haha. :lol:
I'm not disrespecting your ability's nor the fact that you build sweet rides,all I want is the same respect back,wanna do a build off,or ego test,lets get at it.
All I ask is in the future read the post carefully and do not assume what is being asked or implied,cuz u know what assume means eh brother.
I did not join this club to make enemys nor do you want to do that.We have taken this post way past what it began as,so lets bury the hatchet and start fresh,what do ya say?
As for the build off,lets set the table and run the guidelines and may the best man win.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

NO problem man!

I didn't take any of the banter as heated or dramatic. Just a normal conversation I would have with friends in a parkinglot get together..

Thank you,
Steve
1fast66ford

Post by 1fast66ford »

unforgiven thanks for answering the question i asked. who would have thought all this drama would have started over bagging a 66? all i am wondering now is what is a website i can go to find this mustang 2 front end? i am 18 and all i am trying to do is build one bada** truck. by the way i like the slick with the tilt hood.
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

http://www.fatmanfab.com http://www.heidts.com/heisinfo.htm http://www.industrialchassisinc.com/
HEIDTS DONT OFFER A KIT FOR A SLICK BUT GOOD INFORMATION ON THERE SITE.

JUST SOME I KNOW ABOUT.

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Fast ford

So you want to build a bad ass truck............ :shock:

Again i will ask, Do you want it to go fast in a straight line or fast around corners like a viper?

The term bad can run the gamut from Gasser to rat.

Garbz :D
unforgiven66

Post by unforgiven66 »

Ok as Garbz has asked,what do you plan to do with this truck,road warrior,drag race,or everyday driver.
You have many choices as to what you want to put under this truck,air is good and coil overs are good as well.Do not let the misconception of air being only for straight line drivin.A properly set up air suspension can handle corners just as good as any coil over set up.( I hope this doesn't start another run of posts way off topic here haha :wink: )
There is not a kit out there to fit our trucks so if you have some fab skills you can buy a kit for an older truck and make it work or build your own as I did,depends what your skills are.
What set up are you running for the rear?