Whats the going rate for a short bed (only) in CA

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jamesdfo
Canada

Re: Whats the going rate for a short bed (only) in CA

Post by jamesdfo »

Matt: Well, I just learned something, wasn't aware of these being made, but they are mighty proud of them @ $750.00 (for 80") & $950.00 (for 96") and it makes no mention if this is a generic one for all makes, or if it's correct "pitch" for a specific era of Ford trucks??

And on top of the cost to purchase, shipping will be a b!tch as well:(
(unless they are a vendor at an event near you, in which case you might avoid the cost of shipping)

https://www.pros-pick.com/floor.html

HotRodMatt wrote:pros pick
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

i think its generic but pros pick stuff is top notch so i would not hesitate to pick one up even if the pitch is off slightly. if i ever catch someone measureing the spacing between my bed ribs and giving me a hard time about it i may lose it!!!
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I'd second the opinion that Pro's Pick makes good stuff. I took a quick look at the floors, they do not have any braces under them. These tend to rust along with the floor.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Shipping is killer on large pieces. I have a couple bed sides off a long bed and I have several short beds some for sale some not. These were not given to me and I can not give these beds away. I actually have use for several short beds, and eventually these will be used on the trucks I have. Like everyone else, I have watched prices go up with quality going down on a lot of these trucks. As to there being bondo on a truck bed, depends on whether it is covering a dent or rust as to whether this would scare me. Dents can be fixed and so can rust, but I would rather fix dents than rust. If, you find a perfect bed then expect to pay for it unless you sneak up on one. Waiting and watching for what you need is most likely the best policy. A parts truck is most likely your best bet.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

braces are a simple bend up on a brake though. if your putting a floor in you can probably fab some braces.

anyways i bought a short bed in elk grove yesterday from a 64 part out. bringing it home in a week or so. pics to follow.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I called and asked about shipping . Cost to Illinois is only about 225, but there is another 100 for packaging. You can buy a 79 floor pan for around 650 if I remember for a short bed and it's from Michigan I believe. Again shipping is killer I'm sure. but maybe someone could go and get a few and everyone could chip in on cost of going to get those.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

i think if you buy it at a show its cheaper, like a show special
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Most vendors don't discount prices at the show, but you can save on shipping if you pick up at the show.
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

so.........here it is, dragged it home last night, plus i got two perfect fenders, and two outstanding complete doors with glass, and latches and hinges. my buddy got a clean grill, valance, 9inch rear and a 1967 mustang gas tank. seat was thrown in

top it all off john was a great guy and actually brewed beer in his home, he shared a few pints and some laughs with us before the drive home. always meeting great people with this hobby/job of mine!

any way here's a pic i grabbed before we headed out

Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Well I'm jealous! It looks good.