It is currently November 25, 2017, 6:21 am.

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
Fellow Slick fans:

I'm thinking it may be interesting to build a "TALLY" from our Slick60s site members those that have/have had Slicks outfitted with an apparent OEM dash pads.

I'm thinking an interesting listing would include: model year, F-series, color dash pad, paint code and what was the assembly plant of origin.

I will further guess/think that there were very few actually produced, most if not all of the dash pads installed were black...and that these Slicks may have been assembled at a few (not all) Slick assembly plants. I think it might be interesting if we can find some sort of a trend or pattern to the ordering of Slicks with padded dashes......

Anyone interested in posting their padded dash Slick info?

Model Yr / Model Code / Dash Pad Color / Color Code / Body Code / Assembly Code



BarnieTrk


Last edited by BarnieTrk on March 28, 2016, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: January 26, 2007, 8:04 pm
Posts: 197
Images: 11
Location: eudora ks
National Flag: United States of America
every 66 I have bought, stolen, or o/w procured has had a padded dash. I bought a 65 from a salvage yard o/s of great bend ks that had a padded dash. that is the only 65 that I have bought that had a padded dash. I still have the truck and have since stripped the badly cracked padded dash off and painted the truck. it was purchased new in California and had a cali tag on it when I found it . I can get the rest of the information off the door tag if you wish.

jim o

_________________
1966 F100 SW 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW 428 TL
1966 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1966 F100 LB RANGER 390 C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 460PI C6
1965 F100 SW CVC 428CJ C6
1972 F100 RANGER XLT SW 428 C6
1967 F100 SW CVC 521 C6 UNDER CONSTRUCTION
1967 F350 390 4 SPEED
1970 F350 428 4 SPEED
1974 F350 428 4 SPEED

NUMEROUS PARTS VEHICLES


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 12:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
SLICKCOLLECTOR wrote:
every 66 I have bought, stolen, or o/w procured has had a padded dash. I bought a 65 from a salvage yard o/s of great bend ks that had a padded dash. that is the only 65 that I have bought that had a padded dash. I still have the truck and have since stripped the badly cracked padded dash off and painted the truck. it was purchased new in California and had a cali tag on it when I found it . I can get the rest of the information off the door tag if you wish.

jim o


Sure, Jim,,,, no rush, but it looks like your '65 would be the first on the list! :clap:

Model Yr / Model Code / Dash Pad Color / Color Code / Body Code / Assembly Code

Ryan


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: April 21, 2010, 11:22 am
Posts: 33
Location: San Gabriel
We had a 1962 / F100 / Blk Padded Dash / Blk & Wht Paint / Big back Window, Long Bed / Bought new in Detroit.

The truck was bought used in 1962 from the original owner and was totaled a few years later.

_________________
Jim


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Posts: 4237
Images: 0
Location: Baja Houston Taxes
National Flag: United States of America
My '65 F100 CS, originally padded dash (note elevated speaker cover): http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... 9871_o.jpg Image
Paul

_________________
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Posts: 4237
Images: 0
Location: Baja Houston Taxes
National Flag: United States of America
'66 F100 Custom Cab
ImageImage
'64 F100Image
Paul

_________________
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul


Last edited by Toyz on March 29, 2016, 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: October 5, 2012, 5:29 am
Posts: 605
Images: 0
Location: Montgomery NY
National Flag: United States of America
My 66 F250 long bed had one. I don't have the vin anymore but the truck was green and made on the west coast (I wanna say in california?).

Image

_________________
'63 F100 223 3OT
'94 F150 300 E4OD


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Posts: 4237
Images: 0
Location: Baja Houston Taxes
National Flag: United States of America
Image
Paul

_________________
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Posts: 4237
Images: 0
Location: Baja Houston Taxes
National Flag: United States of America
IPhone must use US Mail, or Pony Express; finally appeared:
Image
Paul

_________________
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
Paul,

I take it the orange Slick is a '66?

If so, that as I count 'em, you own or have owned 1 - '65 and 1 - '66 with an OE padded dash, correct?

BarnieTrk


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: February 15, 2011, 10:32 am
Posts: 1490
Images: 6
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
National Flag: Canada
Sorry no pic to show, as I don't do photobucket....

**1966 F250 Crewcab Paint Code J Rangoon Red

Model Yr / Model Code / Dash Pad Color / Color Code / Body Code / Assembly Code
1966/ F250/ Padded/ Black/ **81 / C = Ontario


WTH? I went to great lengths to make my backslashes line up with the line above, but once I post, they no longer do??


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
jamesdfo wrote:
WTH? I went to great lengths to make my backslashes line up with the line above, but once I post, they no longer do??

Sorry, James, welcome to the big leagues........ :argue:


Thanks for your info.

BarnieTrk 8)


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
WELL -- Looks like getting the Warranty Data Plate info from everyone may not be feasible or do-able.

Maybe we can simply compile the members with or have had Slicks with OE padded dashes by model year?

WHAT MODEL YEAR SLICKS DID YOU/ DO YOU HAVE WITH AN OE PADDED DASH?

So far:

SLICKCOLLECTOR: 1 -'65, 2-'66
jjim7: 1-'62
Toyz: 1-'65, 1-'66
ThinLizzy13: 1-'66
jamesdfo: 1-'66




TOTALS --: 1 - '62 / 2 - '65 / 5 - '66



BarnieTrk 8)


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Posts: 4237
Images: 0
Location: Baja Houston Taxes
National Flag: United States of America
BarnieTRK, I thought I posted the info; guess I didn't! Orange truck is my '63 F350 tow truck. People ASSume it is a '66 since it has a '66 grille. It IS a low cab '63 by both cab and frame numbers, but warranty plate is incorrect for the vehicle and covered by a NE "assigned number" plate. Texas accepted the NE assigned number, but I went thru the process to have frame/cab numbers verified in order to get a title reflecting the correct info. Thus, I don't have any code info other than engine and manufacturing location. I can post the info for the '65, but I think you will find it was a common option on the '65s. I'll have to run an inventory, but i think I have another '63 F100 parts truck with the remnants of a padded dash, and definitely have two other '65's which had such, based on the trim moldings and the elevated speaker grille. You can also tally my buddy Dale's '66; it came with a black pad on a red/white truck, but now has a Rangoon red cover done by a local shop. I believe Frank's '66 had the original black pad also. I have quite a collection of (rough) removed ones; I'll take a look to see if they might have a C1 prefix engineering number attached.
Paul

_________________
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: October 20, 2007, 8:32 pm
Posts: 3102
Location: Sidney MT
National Flag: United States of America
My 66 Merc & my 66 F100 have padded dashes. Don't know if Custom Cab would make any difference. My F100 is. Both pads are Black.

_________________
Tom Williams


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
Toyz wrote:
BarnieTRK, I thought I posted the info; guess I didn't! Orange truck is my '63 F350 tow truck. People ASSume it is a '66 since it has a '66 grille. It IS a low cab '63 by both cab and frame numbers, but warranty plate is incorrect for the vehicle and covered by a NE "assigned number" plate. Texas accepted the NE assigned number, but I went thru the process to have frame/cab numbers verified in order to get a title reflecting the correct info. Thus, I don't have any code info other than engine and manufacturing location. I can post the info for the '65, but I think you will find it was a common option on the '65s. I'll have to run an inventory, but i think I have another '63 F100 parts truck with the remnants of a padded dash, and definitely have two other '65's which had such, based on the trim moldings and the elevated speaker grille. You can also tally my buddy Dale's '66; it came with a black pad on a red/white truck, but now has a Rangoon red cover done by a local shop. I believe Frank's '66 had the original black pad also. I have quite a collection of (rough) removed ones; I'll take a look to see if they might have a C1 prefix engineering number attached.
Paul


Paul,

Once you run your inventory, please provide me with totals by model year..... thanks!

BarnieTrk 8)


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: July 11, 2007, 2:37 pm
Posts: 1446
Images: 0
Location: Stanton, Michigan
BarnieTrk wrote:
WELL -- Looks like getting the Warranty Data Plate info from everyone may not be feasible or do-able.

Maybe we can simply compile the members with or have had Slicks with OE padded dashes by model year?

WHAT MODEL YEAR SLICKS DID YOU/ DO YOU HAVE WITH AN OE PADDED DASH?


* - Ahhh,,, you bring out a good point, Tom. I agree, we might as well include the Merc' Slicks too!
** - Paul, I've pulled your totals, once you re-submit your "inventory", then I can re-enter your totals into the list. Please include the Slicks owned by your friends Dale and Frank in your 'inventory' totals.

So far:

SLICKCOLLECTOR: 1 -'65, 2-'66
jjim7: 1-'62

Toyz:

ThinLizzy13: 1-'66
jamesdfo: 1-'66
36truck: 2-'66



TOTALS --: 1 - '62 / 1 - '65 / 6 - '66

Have you NOTICED A TREND starting to emerge?
EVERY ONE OF THE REPORTED OE PADDED DASHES HAVE BEEN BLACK...
BarnieTrk 8)


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 28, 2016, 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: August 1, 2014, 11:15 pm
Posts: 46
National Flag: United States of America
Image

1966 f100 240 3 on tree custom cab

_________________
1966 F100 240 3speed
1968 F250 Camper Special 390 C6 with 70 Sells slide in camper
1964 Galaxie hard top. 390 dual quads
1962 Falcon soon to have 428 4 speed and straight axle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 29, 2016, 2:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Posts: 4237
Images: 0
Location: Baja Houston Taxes
National Flag: United States of America
BarnieTrk wrote:
Paul,

I take it the orange Slick is a '66?

If so, that as I count 'em, you own or have owned 1 - '65 and 1 - '66 with an OE padded dash, correct?

BarnieTrk

Ok, here's the (tentative) tally:
1) '66 Custom Cab, F100 red/white, originally black pad, now recovered red (Dale's)
1) '66 Custom Cab, F100, Caribbean Turquoise/ white, black pad
1) '65 non-CC, F100, pad color unknown, had glue residue plus trim piece at windshield bottom and elevated speaker grille
1) '65 Custom Cab, F100 Camper Special, originally Peacock/white, black pad now removed
1) '64 Custom Cab, F100, red/white, pad color unknown.
1) '64 Custom Cab F100, red/white, no indication of pad
1) '63 Custom Cab F350, original color unknown, but probably a DSO, cab/chassis, Holmes 460 orange/tan, black pad
1) '63 Custom Cab, F350, black, no sign of having had padded dash.
1) '61 Custom Cab uni, F100, red, no indication of dash pad.
Add Frank's '66 Custom Cab F100, red/white, black pad if memory serves. If not, he'll correct!
Paul

_________________
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: March 29, 2016, 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 7, 2012, 10:43 am
Posts: 548
Images: 0
Location: kansas city.
Add these in:
1966 F-100 c/c
1966 F-250 c/c (2)
1966 F-350 c/c
DJ...

_________________
___________________________________
"DW JONES TRUCKING"
WHISKEY HAULED,LIES TOLD AND WIDOWS WOO'ED......
"By appointment only"


Top
 Profile Personal album  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group