"Kustom Headliner Kit's"

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Shadow

Re: "Kustom Headliner Kit's"

Post by Shadow »

RRTEC wrote:Did I miss the price?
Anyone Interested In One Of These Kit's Please P.M. Me With Any Questions. I Can Say These Will Be Cheaper Than Those Cardboard Or ABS Kits That Are Available.:D Looks Like I Better Get On The Unibody Prototypes Maybe FarmMotorSports From Lawrence Kansas Can Be The Guinea-Pig?...........
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

If he won't I will
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
mtb2liv
United States of America

Post by mtb2liv »

Very interested.

PM me with the options link and pricing info?

Thanks!
Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
-Henry Ford
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

Can do, but my truck is drive way anchored till its finished.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Wow What A Great Response. Thanks For All The Interest, I'm Working On Getting The Low-Roof Standard Cab & Unibody Headliner Patterns. If Anyone Has These Patterns Please Contact Me So I Can Make Them Available A.S.A.P.... I Was Telling Lance That These "Fordmica" Headliners Started Off As Kind Of A Joke, A One-Off Thing For My Truck. Now I Think I Have Had Over 20 Requests In One Week From This Site Alone (Not Facebook) After Reading Hundreds Of Posts On This Site & Others, Basically Horror-Stories Of Installs Involving Ammonia Soaked Cardboard Only To Have The Back Piece Crack Or Break. Or ABS Plastic Kits With The Vinyl Sagging From Heat. The Oversized Shipping Charges And A Lack Of Choices Kept My Truck Without A Headliner For 5-Years. That Is Until Now. :) ..................
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

i looked on the site at the samples but couldn't tell if they had any textured stuff? seen any with tiny pock marks or a diamond or any textured really?
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

HotRodMatt wrote:i looked on the site at the samples but couldn't tell if they had any textured stuff? seen any with tiny pock marks or a diamond or any textured really?
This Stuff Is Used Mostly For Countertops & Cabinetry. Most Of The Samples I Have Gotten Are Pretty Smooth Without Much Texture. I Went With The Matte Finish But There Are Gloss Finishes As Well. It's Hard To Tell What This Stuff Will Look Like From The Pictures, So I Suggest Getting As Many Of The Free Samples As Possible To Make Sure You Get One That's A Perfect Match For Your Truck...
Farmageddon

Post by Farmageddon »

I would be interested too for my 62 uni, maybe a black with grey designs. That pattern reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen table..:lol:
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i have seen this one in person and it is awesome. i can see how this will be more durable than the repops. if i ever get my finances back in order, i will be getting one.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
crewcabstripper

Post by crewcabstripper »

I'm interested can you send me a PM or Email with the link to all the different patterns and pricing with shipping thanks.
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

Do you have a Unibody sample yet? I just picked up a cab section for rust repair that has a complete and intact headliner. It's yours if you need it for a pattern.
Every day above ground is a good one
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

62bigwindow wrote:Do you have a Unibody sample yet? I just picked up a cab section for rust repair that has a complete and intact headliner. It's yours if you need it for a pattern.
Yes I Do Need A Pattern. PM Sent.. I'm Also Still Looking For A 2-Piece Standard Cab Template. If Anyone Has One. Thanks, Dana...
HotRodMatt

Post by HotRodMatt »

i ordered a bunch of samples. does it matter what company makes the laminate? i found some i like a lot more but its from a company called Wilsonart.

i have some other applications in mind ill pm you some further questions

:wink: :wink:
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

HotRodMatt wrote:i ordered a bunch of samples. does it matter what company makes the laminate? i found some i like a lot more but its from a company called Wilsonart.

i have some other applications in mind ill pm you some further questions

:wink: :wink:
Wilsonart Laminate Is Great Stuff And Available In 100's Of Colors & Patterns. It Is A Bit More Pricey Than Formica However.....
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I was very impressed with the look of it. The headliner in your truck really looks nice. Years ago I rode a bus to Mississippi and it had the same pattern as does you headliner, only it was in yellow. I well remember the boomerang pattern, for some reason it never left me. If I recall correctly the bus was a GM 4104. It was on the wall between the windows of the bus.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Michelle wrote:I was very impressed with the look of it. The headliner in your truck really looks nice. Years ago I rode a bus to Mississippi and it had the same pattern as does you headliner, only it was in yellow. I well remember the boomerang pattern, for some reason it never left me. If I recall correctly the bus was a GM 4104. It was on the wall between the windows of the bus.
Thank You Michelle, "Atomic-Era" Designs Were Everywhere From 1940's Through The Mid 1960's. My Parents Had A Kitchen Table With The Starburst Pattern. Buses, Kitchens, Living Room Furniture, Travel Trailers Etc. When The 61'-66' Trucks Began Rolling Off The Assembly Line JFK's Announcement Of The Space Race Ushered In The Transition To "Space-Age" Design. Formica Is Still Manufactured In The U.S.A After All These Years And Offered A Good Nostalgic Fit For Me.....
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Your right, I had forgot about the trailers. A lot of the older travel trailers had Formica in them.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
AlsRyd66
United States of America

Post by AlsRyd66 »

Please PM me with the info.
"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" - Fletcher from The Outlaw Josie Wales
"We all go a little mad sometimes" - Norman Bates
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

AlsRyd66 wrote:Please PM me with the info.
P.M. Sent...
Poppyred66
Cambodia

Post by Poppyred66 »

Very impressive work. I just recently built my own - it's clear I should have waited for yours - and I've suffered two deficiencies: First, I traced my pattern off my old headliner and it was too trashed to translate accurately and the fit is not perfect. Obviously you have solved this. Second, I couldn't engineer a substitute to those clips along the back panel. May I let that be a challenge for you? Screws? Velcro? Door-edge moulding?
I must add that I used an excellent product, one intended for laboratory walls and such, not as flexible as we would like, but it comes in a colour pretty close to Wimbledon White, a bit stiff, but easy to cut accurately, and easy to clean.
I wish you every success. I will buy your product!
Eric