Differences in inner fenders?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

Differences in inner fenders?

Post by FORDification »

I'm putting together a comprehensive set of tutorials on Slick parts interchangeability and am currently working on a page discussing inner fender aprons.

Ford had three different sets of inner fender aprons for the Slick light-duty trucks:

C1TZ-16054-L (Right) and C1TZ-16055-K (Left)
- 1961-1964 F100/250 2WD

C1TZ-16054-M (Right) and C1TZ-16055-K (Left)
- 1961-1965 F100 4WD
- 1961-1966 F350/700, F750 (84)
- 1961-1966 F250 4WD

C5TZ-16054-B (Right) and C5TZ-16055-D (Left)
- 1965-1966 F100/250 2WD
- 1966 F100 4WD

So can anyone tell me what the specific differences were between these three sets of inner fenders? Pics would sure be nice! Thanks.
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
Gravemetal
Canada

Re: Differences in inner fenders?

Post by Gravemetal »

There is a massive difference between the C1 series and the C5 but cannot post pictures here as of yet. In description the C1 are curved from the top of the fender down to the frame with no hard creases. The C5 has hard bends near the fender and then angles straight down to the frame. Let me try a pic post:

Image C1 style

Image C5 style
Ford... the other four letter "F" word

Chevrolet: Condition hopeless entire vehicle runs on leftover engine technology

Six cylinders make farting sounds
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

WRONG,WRONG, There is actually 4 sets of inner fenders, 2wd 61-64 < battery under hood >, 61-65 4x4 and F-350 and up < battery under floorboard >, 1965 2wd F-100/250 only and then 1966 only,, But what do I know ? especially since I was told long time ago that I do not know trucks whether it be 61/66 truck, 67/72 trucks or 73/79 trucks by one forum and most likely will never forget that forum when members told in so many words to shut the blank up. Anyway that's another topic

Since ,
SEE I do not go by Ford Books and that's why I do not go by Ford Books is that they are 85-90% wrong and that's what screws up so many so called experts that just go by the book on parts and then companies like LMC go by that book and then that's why say 2 parts like the front bumper is wrong for 64/66 trucks and the stone guard is listed wrong and why they misrepresent the core supports in repo,, Not the Companies fault just going by what Ford printed I could go on and on but not enough paper
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Amen Tom! You can only use Ford manuals for guidance and not a gospel truth. I won't say that the manuals are quite as far off as Tom states, but I will say that when Ford would change an item in the parts books it didn't always match to what it was supposed to be. There are whole sets of OSI catalogs which got made up with lots of mistakes and frankly Ford was more interested in selling you a new truck rather than keeping an old one running. We all know the front bumper replacement for 67 has a different contour to the originals, but lets go ahead and sell it with the original 64 part number to fit 64 on up. It actually helped in one respect, and that is because the outer ends of the front bumper had not support or bracing, the bumper would get pushed back into the fender. If you look at the trucks you run across anywhere that have not been restored, nearly all will have had the bumper pushed back into the fender on one side or the other possible both. The later 67 and up bumper wasn't as close to the fender because it did conform to the shape of the front end on slicks. Another thing Ford did to help eliminate parts was to jack the price sky high. For instance, headlamp doors which were list priced before Ford dropped these was 150$ each. Ford id this sort of thing I believe so their sales numbers on these parts allowed them to say they could not justify supplying these any longer.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

SEE To be politically correct for these bookworms 65 and 66 are different BUT will interchange,, like in the pic above that is a 65 with the little extra piece to attach the core support and can put on a 66 just shave a little off and if going from a 66 to 65 add that little support bracket,, AND Rich your right on Ford you can see that anytime the price is going crazy, Ford is going to disc. or testing the waters to see how much somebody is willing to pay for it
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

pitso

Post by pitso »

Can someone tell me what aftermarket inner fenders will work with the least amount of cutting & welding
on a 1966 F100 2WD with V8. talked with clerks @ MAC's, LMC, D Carpenter with no luck.
Also what radiator core support will work on this F100
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

NONE, Repo's are 61/64 made in Ying Yang are rounded with no way to attach to cab like the 65/66
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

pitso

Re: raadiator support

Post by pitso »

Hello Forders
Can someone tell me what radiator core support to use on a 66 F100 2WD V8.
Called all supply houses but wow talk about boxes of rocks.
If possible the Ford part# and what the aftermarket # would be, say at Mac's
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Obsolete in Oklahoma City sells repo a core support for a 65 and did make inner fenders also at one time. If you use the 65 core support you will need a 65 battery box and 65 inner fenders . The battery box they also repo, and may still possibly do the inner fenders.

Rich
pitso

What after market radiator support is correct

Post by pitso »

On a Ford 1966 F100 2WD V8. What would be the best aftermarket radiator core support to use
A part number would be great