My Very First Slick

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

My Very First Slick

Post by Michelle »

This 64 F-100 Custom Cab short bed was my first Slick. I bought it in 1967. Can't remember for sure but I think I paid 700 or 800 hundred dollars for it.

Michelle, I am no Photoshop expert, and I am a bit color blind.. But when I saw your pic I had to see if I could squeeze a little bit more out of it..Hope you don't mind....foodstick
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Re: My Very First Slick

Post by orangeRcode »

You are a Slickster from way back in the day! Love the color on the truck.
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

Michelle,
Really like the Go-Go Dancer hair do,how many cans of hairspray did you use a week back then....and the truck looks good too.
Dan
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Thats pretty cool! My first truck was a 99 ford ranger xlt with flareside bed, 4 speed extended cab. It was in 99. Funny seeing those trucks on the road now- they are beat to hell.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

orangeRcode wrote:You are a Slickster from way back in the day! Love the color on the truck.
The picture was made from an old Kodak Kodachrome slide. The truck was dark blue and white. Probably not as dark as in the picture.

Back in that day especially in Texas big hair was the order of the day, the bigger the better.

I don't know if I was a woman of great foresight or if it was just dumb luck, but I loved the look of the slicks the day they came out in 61. There were twin brothers that had a brand new one during my Senior year in High school. Their truck was a Uni and I loved that truck.

Check out this 61 Uni. Big window. This was made on the back lot of Raymond Pearson Ford in Houston.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

When you look at that last picture of the red and white truck.. "HOW could you not want one !"

They sold tons of them, so people bought them.. I just don't know how they went so unrecognized/un-respected so long?
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

By the way, that is not me in the picture above but rather a good friend that was a few years behind me in school. She and I are still good friends to this day. I did wear big hair but not quite as tall as hers. I would post a picture of me with the big hair but I don't want to run any of you off.
Michelle

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

foodstick wrote:When you look at that last picture of the red and white truck.. "HOW could you not want one !"

They sold tons of them, so people bought them.. I just don't know how they went so unrecognized/un-respected so long?
I agree, it was love at first sight when I saw my first one.
Michelle

Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I remember the girls with their ''Big Hair'' in school.
Don't see how they could get in their cars with their hair
up so high. Think some of 'em used to hide stuff in it! TR
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

them dang texas girls and their big hair.

always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Michelle, a friend's dad worked for Raymond Pearson in those days before turning his sideline wrecking yard into a full time business. You might remember his yard just off Almeda-Genoa and Telephone Road. Not the one directly behind the SuperSlide, although he was an acquaintance also.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Ezer, That is like a real life ANIME character if I ever saw it..
If its not a photoshop I wonder what it weighs? You could turn your head and break your own neck off !
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

That was ezers prom date .....
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

:laughing: :rocker:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Toyz wrote:Michelle, a friend's dad worked for Raymond Pearson in those days before turning his sideline wrecking yard into a full time business. You might remember his yard just off Almeda-Genoa and Telephone Road. Not the one directly behind the SuperSlide, although he was an acquaintance also.
Paul
Was he the one on a side street just off Telephone right near the Super Slide? If so I have bought things from him, I remember the one behind the Super Slide as well. I have bought stuff from him too. He had a bunch of old White Motor Company buses full of car parts, they were old Houston city buses that ran in the forties and fifties.
Michelle