Unequal distribution.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

MN66
United States of America

Unequal distribution.

Post by MN66 »

Hey I'm thinking we need a government program to redistribute old trucks. I've been in Georgia the past few days and I've seen more slick, bump and dent "drivers" here in 3 days than the nearly 2 years I've owned my truck in Minnesota. I'm going to listen to debate on Sunday and if Hillary says anything about fixing this clear injustice, she's getting my vote.
1966 F250 LWB
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: Unequal distribution.

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

When I moved to SC from NY my mind was blown by the amount of these old trucks still driving and working. Clearly they need to spread the wealth :lol:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Those of us in the northern parts of the country that love to dump salt on roads in the winter have to go south to find the good stuff! That's what I do.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
MN66
United States of America

Post by MN66 »

Sorry about the rant - I just really enjoyed seeing these trucks everywhere. My wife was a little tired of me calling them out each time I saw one.

It was my first real visit to Georgia and it was bittersweet. We dropped my 23 year old daughter off for an 11 month mission trip starting in India and ending in South America.

After we sent her off, we spent a few days up in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Both my wife and I thought the hiking and scenery were fantastic. We both agreed that it would be on our list of places to retire.

Corey
1966 F250 LWB
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Love the Blue Ridge Mountain area. Made several trips there. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway if you get a chance.

You should be proud of your daughter, she's taking a big step.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

LM14 wrote:Those of us in the northern parts of the country that love to dump salt on roads in the winter have to go south to find the good stuff! That's what I do.

SPark
Just what I was thinking. You don't see as many up north because they have all rusted away...
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

The Cheby's of the same era rusted away ten times faster here in the midwest.... The Slick was built for the long term, just start jamming wood under the cab mounts to keep it drive able ;)
grump

Post by grump »

Was in South Dakota Sunday and got to check out a "vintage vehicle salvage yard", I couldn't believe all the goodies I saw. Several uni's and some regular style side F100s. I found a 55 or 56 ford two door wagon that I would love to have. Most of these cars and trucks were pretty rust free, ratted out but rust free. They're still out there.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Back when I was a kid in the 80's and 90's/ We played "slug bug" in the west coast. Every high school kid/ college kid drove a slug bug or bug bus. They were everywhere.

I find it hard to believe that those are getting hard to find now too. I live on the east coast now and see that old cars are hard to spot- but in the NorthWest they are a lot more common.

I remember seeing slicks and bumps and dents all over the parking lot when I was in high school in the 90's.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

shipwrecked wrote:Back when I was a kid in the 80's and 90's/ We played "slug bug" in the west coast. Every high school kid/ college kid drove a slug bug or bug bus. They were everywhere.

I find it hard to believe that those are getting hard to find now too. I live on the east coast now and see that old cars are hard to spot- but in the NorthWest they are a lot more common.

I remember seeing slicks and bumps and dents all over the parking lot when I was in high school in the 90's.
April, I know I am an old woman and probably should know what you are talking about. For the life of me I do not know what a slug bug is, maybe it is because I am to old. Please splain.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

A slug bug is a volkswagon bug.... and a volkswagon bus.

A bus was worth two slugs to to the arm (punches) and a beetle was worth one.

https://youtu.be/Wd2C7gyyMaM
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

I think the slick availability varies from state to state in addition to regions of the country. There are/were almost none in Louisiana while they seem plentiful in neighboring states. I've gotten two of my trucks in Arkansas, two in Mississipi, and one in Alabama. I did find my original slick here in Louisiana.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer