390 Build

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

MN66
United States of America

Re: 390 Build

Post by MN66 »

I think I know what happened with my original set of Hedman headers. Jegs sent me someone else's rejects. I thought it odd that it would be shipped in a plain brown box with only crumpled paper to protect the headers.

Here's how they come from Hedman.

1966 F250 LWB
MN66
United States of America

Post by MN66 »

I was hopeful when I opened the Hedman box and saw that the headers were wrapped in some cushioning.

That didn't last long when I took the first header out of the box and saw the same scratches as my original set.

I can't believe Hedman is dumb enough to package $500 headers this way. I wonder what their return rate is?

Thinking I should have gone with the Sanderson shorties. Looks like another call to Jegs on Monday morning.
1966 F250 LWB
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

MN66 wrote:I was hopeful when I opened the Hedman box and saw that the headers were wrapped in some cushioning.

That didn't last long when I took the first header out of the box and saw the same scratches as my original set.

I can't believe Hedman is dumb enough to package $500 headers this way. I wonder what their return rate is?

Thinking I should have gone with the Sanderson shorties. Looks like another call to Jegs on Monday morning.
That's disappointing.
Chris
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Definitely not what I'd expect after shelling out that kind of dough. There are inexpensive ways to prevent this in packaging like foam filling.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

For what you are paying for the Hedman ceramics, you could have a set of Sanderson ceramic huggers that would give you clearance. I believe when I ditch the exhaust logs, I will be getting a set of the Sandersons.
MN66
United States of America

Post by MN66 »

orangeRcode wrote:For what you are paying for the Hedman ceramics, you could have a set of Sanderson ceramic huggers that would give you clearance. I believe when I ditch the exhaust logs, I will be getting a set of the Sandersons.
I think that's the direction I'm going. I hate to send these back because I think they're well made, I'm just sour on poor shipping practices.

Corey
1966 F250 LWB