Fresh air heater

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

troymn
United States of America

Fresh air heater

Post by troymn »

Hi guys! My 66 has a lever on the heater box that has 3 positions that I can't think of off the top of my head but I think it's defrost, floor, and off. The knob on the dash says fan high and low and pull for heat. It does blow heat when pulled but what is it supposed to do when it is pushed in. I thought maybe it would blow through the air vents in the kick panel but no air is moving anywhere. I hear the fan. What am I missing here? Thanks!
Last edited by troymn on November 12, 2017, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruceandersson

Re: Fresh air heater

Post by bruceandersson »

The amount the knob is pulled out determines the temp to some level. For the simpler heaters this just controls how much air passes through or around the heater core. One the deluxe heaters it controls the temp by regulating the coolant flow.
troymn
United States of America

Post by troymn »

Thanks!
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Yes they came with a hand shut off valve under the hood on one of the heater hoses at the block or a valve on the fender controled with a pull wire much like a manual choke. the deluxe controls added a wire for the heat so you had three
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
troymn
United States of America

Post by troymn »

I was Just thinking about this again and I never really got an answer. I have a manual valve to shut off the flow to the heater. My question is what is air supposed to do when the fan is running in the in position? It runs when turned on but no air comes out anywhere until I pull the switch out.