brake drums

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bossford65
United States of America

brake drums

Post by bossford65 »

My 65 f100 is in need of new front brake drums. I have tried all the local parts houses like NAPA,O'REILLES,Advamce Auto and AutoZone with no luck as far as them fiting right. Have any of you ordered drums from Dennis-Carpenter or LMC and had them fit properly. Thanks James
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: brake drums

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Dunno about those two, but I had a similar issue with front drums for my '67 f250. Rock auto had them (cheapest I could find too). '67 has some year only oddities, and finding the HD drum brakes proved difficult.
Despite them being made in China, they fit perfectly and work well. They go for about 20-30 bucks on rock auto for an f100.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: brake drums

Post by SteveCanup »

I just posted for sale the complete front drum brakes from my '64 F-100. I upgraded to disc brakes right after buying the truck. The previous owner had just rebuilt the brakes with new shoes, hardware, wheel cylinders and turned drums. I am asking $100 for everything. I just unbolted the backing plates with everything intact.I'm asking $100 plus shipping for everything. My son is visiting from Avery, Texas and will be returning on Tuesday...if you are interested....and I accept pay-pal.
1964 F-100