Bigtime Score, SHORTBED

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

lineman1984
United States of America

Bigtime Score, SHORTBED

Post by lineman1984 »

Hey all,
Been a while since I posted. Been busy with life, work moving, etc... I have still been lurking around here every few days. I had to tell you folks about my most recent deal.
There is a slick P/U bed trailer sitting along this little country road near my place of employment. I drive by it all the time for work and sometimes on my ride home (to avoid traffic on I-70). It is a short bed and by the looks of it a few years earlier than my 66. It has a different shaped aluminum trim than my 66. Every time I drive past it I daydream of how cool it would be to make my Bernadette a short bed. I like the SWB look for a hotrod. My thought is that having a SWB frame and bed along with a few other odds and ends will make this conversion a lot easier. Simply pull both beds and carefully measure, cut, and weld. Not sure if cutting my frame or grafting the SWB frame to mine will be easier.
So I finally had the time to stop and inquire about the bed last Tuesday, two days before Thanksgiving. Found a really friendly (and slightly drunk) gentleman who would part with this "trailer" for $100!!!! Best part is the 9" rear worth at least $300 hanging out underneath. My plan is to take a set of wheels and tires and an SMV triangle over and drag my new toy home, in a couple weeks.
Just wanted to know if there is a thread for this conversion, and any pitfalls I may come across. Won't be able to begin this project until next summer after I get a pole barn built at my new home.
- Justin
shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: Bigtime Score, SHORTBED

Post by shipwrecked »

Right on. Sometimes just stopping to ask pays off.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63