Gonna be asking a LOT of questions here....be prepared!

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

Gonna be asking a LOT of questions here....be prepared!

Post by FORDification »

Although I haven't done a whole lot of posting here on the forums in the past, a lot of you might know me from the FORDification websites. I have several bumpside projects and a daily driver dentside...but as of last week, I'm also now the proud owner of a Slick. :D This is my '62 F100 wrongbed:

(My main '67 F100 project is already packed away in the barn...he didn't make an appearance for the photo shoot.)

Anyway, over the past few days I've been trying to do some research into this truck, and have been frustrated at the lack of consolidated information regarding the '61-'66 trucks. So in desparation, and to help out other Slick owners, I've decided to create a sister site for the FORDification family, this one pertaining to Slicks. And here's where you all come in.

Yes, I'm extremely knowledgeable on bumpsides and dentsides, but not so much the Slicks, so I'm going to need a lot of help putting together some online tutorials similar to what's been done with the FORDification sites. Don't worry, I have no plans on adding forums...you guys already more than have that covered. But there is a severe lack of basic research information consolidated in one spot and I'd like to remedy that.

To that end, I'll be posting some pretty regular questions here on the forums, in an effort to get as much detailed information as I can, so please be patient with me...and thanks in advance for all your help! :thumright:
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Re: Gonna be asking a LOT of questions here....be prepared!

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Sounds good to me!
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Not sure why you think this needs doing, as we already have this site with plenty of people and knowledge here. If you want to write articles and or publish such then claim copyright privileges, I can see a number of objections.
tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

While I have not met Keith personally as he is a fellow Nebraskan, I have lurked around the Fortification site for some time. He is an absolute wealth of knowledge. He has pages and pages of technical information, part numbers and factory brochures. I can't imagine why we would turn down anyone who could help us out with our projects.
I'd invite anyone who isn't familiar with Fortification to look around there for a while and see what the site has to offer ,

Pat
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

64 f100 wrote:Not sure why you think this needs doing, as we already have this site with plenty of people and knowledge here. If you want to write articles and or publish such then claim copyright privileges, I can see a number of objections.
If I write articles...then the article is mine. Just like if you create a painting of a forest, you're not claiming the forest is yours, just the picture of it. I would have no problem with folks sharing the article or the information contained in it...heck, that's not only gonna happen, it's the whole reason for doing it in the first place.

This needs to be done because while if you search long and hard, hours and hours worth, you might find some of what you're looking for, but the problem is the information isn't readily available and consolidated in one spot as it should be. At the very least, the basics should be covered. Things like parts and wiring schematics, tutorials on decoding the warranty tag, descriptions of the trim levels and what each trim level would include...things like that. Having a ready reference source can be an incredibly useful thing.
Keith
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
Shillinghill

Post by Shillinghill »

Sounds great !!
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Fordification is a wonderfully organized and easy-to-find-things-on site that both me and a friend who was restoring a 67 Merc found extremely valuable when we were working on Bumpsides. Now there's the equally well put together Dentside site too. I welcome any information Keith wants to compile, in my eyes he has contributed way above and beyond already to the hobby of restoring old Ford pickups.I'm glad to welcome him to the wonderful world of Slicks. :thumright: :thumright:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Getting the basic site framework set up...not much to look at yet. The overall site design will undoubtedly change in the future, I'm just using a site template that I whipped up for something else a while back and never used. Using it now saves me the time of saving to come up with a site design from scratch. Getting started on the VIN tag decoding pages...will probably have those posted within a few days. Also, I'm using the .info domain because sometime in the past I also registered that, so it was just sitting around waiting to be used...might as well put it to work! :D

FORDification.info - The '61-66 Ford Pickup Resource
Keith
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Keith,
The setup you have for 67-72 and 73-79 has proved extremely useful for me. I've used the resources you've setup for multiple 67-79 pickups. I'm glad you finally picked up a slick so a similar database for 61-66 might appear :cheers:
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Well, I estimate I have about 15 hours into the first page on the site to be populated with information, which is the page for decoding '65-'66 warranty tags. (I finally posted it about 4AM....got four hours sleep and now I'm back at it on the next one! :lol: )

Please take a look and let me know what you think so far. If any adjustments need to be made, now is the time to do it.

Decode Your '65-'66 Ford Truck VIN Tag
Keith
tomrooster
United States of America

Post by tomrooster »

Thanks
1966 F250 Camper Special parts truck
1966 F 100 w/391 ft
1965 F 100 project
1958 Edsel Pacer Convertible
1953 ford Customline 2 door
1952 8N
1967 triumph Bonneville

I'm still not a good welder but I've become a good grinder
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

Sounds great!
Every day above ground is a good one
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Years ago several of us discussed how it would be so nice to have a go-to web site that was as good as Fordification. Searching through pages of a forum to try to find what you seek just isn't time effective.

Keith is THE MAN when it comes to this sort of stuff and I couldn't be happier to see him sucked into the vortex of Slick ownership, LOL. I'm a little irritated someone was less than welcoming at the outset about his endeavor. I want to assure Keith that is not the welcoming nature of most people on this site. If anyone doubts his motives check out his bumpside site.

FoMoCo doesn't give a rat's behind about vintage stuff. Private individuals putting together this info is the only way we will get and perpetuate it.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning