Attention Ranger Fans, trucks that is

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

Attention Ranger Fans, trucks that is

Post by Michelle »

If you own a Ranger or just like them please read this. I have dug out my Ranger Registry spread sheet and updated it a bit. If you own a Ranger and are not on the list get the info to me. Please look over the list and if you know of a truck that is not on the list please get the information on that truck to me so I can add it to the list. I have been wanting to expand this list for a long time and now the time has come. Please send me pictures of truck both inside and out and a good sharp photo of the VIN plate so I can verify the Ranger info. Without the picture of the VIN plate I can not add the truck to the list. I tried making it bigger so it would be easy to read but can't get it there. If you have any questions please PM me and I will e-mail you a copy of the spread sheet that if more readable.

Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Michelle
United States of America

Re: Attention Ranger Fans, trucks that is

Post by Michelle »

Observations about the Ranger list. I have 32 trucks listed, of the Thirty two listed twenty four are 1966 models with only eight 65 models. That tells me that the 65 is the rarer of the two. I also observed that six trucks came from the 71 DSO (Domestic Special Order) of Los Angeles. This tells me these trucks were very popular in that area. When you see a DSO code that is six numbers long that is a special order by an individual or a company, if it is just two digits it is a standard dealer ordered truck. I also notice that the long beds dominate the list. The majority of colors are red and white. When you see it on the spread sheet you start seeing the trends.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Walking W
United States of America

Post by Walking W »

Michelle,
I will get you the info and pics on my 65 ranger if I can figure it out.

Thanks Ty W Hart
f25065
United States of America

Post by f25065 »

Seems like the Ranger package was first offered in the mid- to late-'65 model year, like June or July, which would make sense that there were more '66 Rangers produced. Ford played around with bucket seat and console packages in '64 (and maybe even '63?) but they hadn't called them Rangers until '65. Anyone correct me if any of this is wrong...?

Norm
MY OL 66
United States of America

Post by MY OL 66 »

If you own a Ranger or just like them please read this. I have dug out my Ranger Registry spread sheet and updated it a bit. If you own a Ranger and are not on the list get the info to me. Please look over the list and if you know of a truck that is not on the list please get the information on that truck to me so I can add it to the list. I have been wanting to expand this list for a long time and now the time has come. Please send me pictures of truck both inside and out and a good sharp photo of the VIN plate so I can verify the Ranger info. Without the picture of the VIN plate I can not add the truck to the list. I tried making it bigger so it would be easy to read but can't get it there. If you have any questions please PM me and I will e-mail you a copy of the spread sheet that if more readable.

Michelle: It looks like you missed the DSO for my '66 Ranger in your spreadsheet.

Line item No. 30, w/ VIN F10YK846208, has a DSO of 75, which, I believe, should be Phoenix, AZ.

Thank you.
Steve F
1965 Mustang Coupe
1966 F-100 Shortbed CC/Ranger
2010 Mustang GT Convertible
2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

MY OL 66 wrote:If you own a Ranger or just like them please read this. I have dug out my Ranger Registry spread sheet and updated it a bit. If you own a Ranger and are not on the list get the info to me. Please look over the list and if you know of a truck that is not on the list please get the information on that truck to me so I can add it to the list. I have been wanting to expand this list for a long time and now the time has come. Please send me pictures of truck both inside and out and a good sharp photo of the VIN plate so I can verify the Ranger info. Without the picture of the VIN plate I can not add the truck to the list. I tried making it bigger so it would be easy to read but can't get it there. If you have any questions please PM me and I will e-mail you a copy of the spread sheet that if more readable.

Michelle: It looks like you missed the DSO for my '66 Ranger in your spreadsheet.

Line item No. 30, w/ VIN F10YK846208, has a DSO of 75, which, I believe, should be Phoenix, AZ.

Thank you.
Thanks Steve, I have added it to the registry. You will be pleased to know we have our own Ranger forum here on Slick 60's Look for it in the board index.
Michelle

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Attention Ranger people. A special thanks to Darrell for setting us up with a Ranger forum. Look for it on the board index.
Michelle

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

f25065 wrote:Seems like the Ranger package was first offered in the mid- to late-'65 model year, like June or July, which would make sense that there were more '66 Rangers produced. Ford played around with bucket seat and console packages in '64 (and maybe even '63?) but they hadn't called them Rangers until '65. Anyone correct me if any of this is wrong...?

Norm

Actually the Ranger package started on the 1964 models and was called the Sports Package. The 1965 models were called Rangers and the Ranger package was available as early as the latter months of 1964 for the 65 models. I have one on my Registry that was built in Nov. 64.
Michelle

fire704

Post by fire704 »

Michelle: My info from FORD called it the XL for 1964. The flyer asked the dealers to order a truck for demonstration purposes.
kelwar

Post by kelwar »

I have a 65 ranger but someone has removed the buckets unfortunately but the vin is f10DR699091
The rest of the tag reads
129 M F100 F81 B 08
500 172 4000 74
Walking W
United States of America

Post by Walking W »

Michelle, sorry I lost your email address. I am a guide in Arizona so things have been nuts for me. I think you wanted more pictures of my old ranger? I am trying to locate and original picture of it in early 65 I know I have seen it some where. I will be starting work back on it in February putting the body on a 74 4x4. I will keep the original drive train I think. Storage space is a premium out here.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Walking W wrote:Michelle, sorry I lost your email address. I am a guide in Arizona so things have been nuts for me. I think you wanted more pictures of my old ranger? I am trying to locate and original picture of it in early 65 I know I have seen it some where. I will be starting work back on it in February putting the body on a 74 4x4. I will keep the original drive train I think. Storage space is a premium out here.
I sent you a PM with my e-mail address.
Michelle

MY OL 66
United States of America

Post by MY OL 66 »

Walking W wrote:Michelle, sorry I lost your email address. I am a guide in Arizona so things have been nuts for me. I think you wanted more pictures of my old ranger? I am trying to locate and original picture of it in early 65 I know I have seen it some where. I will be starting work back on it in February putting the body on a 74 4x4. I will keep the original drive train I think. Storage space is a premium out here.
Where abouts in AZ are you at.

I'm in Tucson, and have a '66 Ranger...
Steve F
1965 Mustang Coupe
1966 F-100 Shortbed CC/Ranger
2010 Mustang GT Convertible
2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

fire704 wrote:Michelle: My info from FORD called it the XL for 1964. The flyer asked the dealers to order a truck for demonstration purposes.
I have seen the same flyer that you are talking about. With Ford nothing is carven in stone.
Michelle