What body mods have you done to a slick?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DocDave

What body mods have you done to a slick?

Post by DocDave »

Lookin for ideas, any body mods mild to wild are of interest. pics would be even better.
Almost got my cab back together and looking for interesting mods to work into the old girl.
Dave
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Minor stuff,

Shaved drip rail, welded cab seams (by removing the inner pinch weld) shaved glove box and ash tray, sunken, AC vents, smoothed and replaced firewalls, removed the step wells, reconstructed sill plates.

But the biggest challenge is making the doors fit properly.
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

sounds great :D any pics online? I'd love to take a look
Dave
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

DAVE
NOT MUCH BODY MODS DONE TO THESE TRUCKS ON HERE. BUT SOME HAVE BEEN DONE. MOSTLY THE MODS HERE HAVE BEEN DONE TO THE DRIVE TRAIN, SUSPENSION, BUT GO TO THE ALBUM PAGES AND YOU CAN LOOK AT ALL THE PICTURES OF THE MEMBERS THAT HAVE POSTED THEM. THE OLD SITE HAVE LOTS OF PICTURES.

LONNIE
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

relocated tailgate handle inside,installed third brakelight in tailgate (flush mount)Smooth filled center depression on tailgate (64styleside) some pics in album.
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Comet

Post by Comet »

Shaved nose, removed FORD emblems above grill, filled cab and bed seams, filled stake pockets. Eventually I'm going to smooth the tail gate (which you did too El Polacko, but didn't see you say so). Right now I'm tucking the front bumper in a few inches (actually 1 1/2") I have a few more ideas, but until I do them I'm keeping them to myself so someone doesn't beat me to it! :lol:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
prost66

body mods.

Post by prost66 »

I took all emblems off,filled all seams,reversed tailgate latch,reskinned the tailgate smooth,put in new bed floor and built the wheel tubbs,closed front fender wheel opening 3" by welding another fender inside,filled gas tank filler,Filled all welds and seams on hood lip,hood top and bottom,smoothed the firewall,filled all spot welds and seams in the door openings and sill,put roll pan on back. drilled out spot welds on the top of the bed sides and made the top of the bed square with the tailgate,filled the stake pockets.welded and fitted the doors same gap all around.Was going to take the door handles and drip rails off,but didn't. Not much I didn't screw with.It's mine. Merle
Last edited by prost66 on August 30, 2006, 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1966 F-100 "Grabber Blue" Pro St. [ 99 to 44/100% pure recycled FORD ]
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Fender skirts and curb feelers!!!
8) 8)
Jim
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

Some nice mods guys!
So far I'm going for widening the stepside fenders maybe as much as 5-6 inches. Removal of the hood and fender badges. Shave the mirror stubs. and maybe evn shave the door handles.
Other things I'm considering are, some form of fender skirt( non traditional), a custom forged bronze hood ornament and an oval split rear window :roll: . Also trying to figure one piece side glass and suicide hinge setup(It can be done, but do I want to go that far :shock: ).
Keep it coming guys, some great ideas so far. I think I'll start a thread for mechanical mods as well.
Dave
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Comet wrote:Shaved nose, removed FORD emblems above grill, filled cab and bed seams, filled stake pockets. Eventually I'm going to smooth the tail gate (which you did too El Polacko, but didn't see you say so). Right now I'm tucking the front bumper in a few inches (actually 1 1/2") I have a few more ideas, but until I do them I'm keeping them to myself so someone doesn't beat me to it! :lol:

Oh yeah, I did all those too. My single mindedness got the better of me. I was just thinking "cab" not all of the truck.

I built a custom tailgate that fits MUCH nicer than than the OG stuff. Modified a 1963 Mercury Monterey grille to fit, trimmed out the stock grille untill it was just a ring to frame the Merc grille. Used a 65 front bumper and bits of a 62 to create the one I have, it ended up three inches narrower than stock and V-ed to match better with the grille. Then built hidden hardware on the inside so no bolts are visible.

You can see some pictures on my profile's album or in the Classic Trucks magazine from April '05.
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

El, I like the sound of what you've done to the grill. I've been trying to decide what to do with the beat up 64 grill that's stuck on my 65. Any pics on site of this artwork?
Is your truck a style or step side?
Dave
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

the construction shots are still on the old board

http://groups.msn.com/slick60sfordfseri ... stuff.msnw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutz, MSN won't allow linked pictures.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Just so I am not claiming to do work that I did not, let me make it clear that the work I have done was done by the various herd of body men I have had ripping me off for several years, now. :lol:

-replaced oil canned roof wrecked by one body man with Big Back window Unibody roof supplied by Mike Kimbrell
-side filler from '79 moulded into side of body and add inside gas 'bump'out' to filler in box
-original gas location shaved
cab skinnied down at back door posts to match doors
-filled all stake pockets
-used '68 Mercury tailgate and chrome from '68 Ranger (see avatar)
-roll pan from side of box supplied by Garbz
-filled in gaping ugly radio hole to radio delete
-filled in big steering box hole in floor
-added new floors and high transmission tunnel
-filled all chrome holes in box, which I will now need to redrill to install chrome
-cut inner fenders to accomodate Aerostar suspension
-used NOS '64 Mercury grille
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..