Anyone Built a Roll Pan?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

SteveCanup
United States of America

Anyone Built a Roll Pan?

Post by SteveCanup »

Has anyone on here built their own rear roll pan from scratch? I know that the "bed-sides" of the fleetside beds has the perfect curvature for a roll pan, but I don't have an extra bed to cut up for such. I pulled my rear bumper off this evening to put the rear cross piece back in and liked the look without the bumper...soooo, I'm not going to put it back on. I would like to see some pics of roll pans 'formed' or made from scratch. Btw, I can buy one off of ebay for $139 plus another $40 to ship it to me....but I can buy a sheet of 18 gauge metal for a fraction of that an make my own....Pics and feed-back please....
Steve-
1964 F-100
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: Anyone Built a Roll Pan?

Post by SteveCanup »

Hmmmm........no one......

Hey Steve.....there are several threads on here where people have constructed their own roll pans from scratch....just use the 'search' function and you can see those cool threads.
1964 F-100
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

Hey! Thanks for the input on that! I think I will use the search function and go see all those great threads with roll pans! Thanks again for the idea!
Steve-
1964 F-100
Hunter's 64
United States of America

Post by Hunter's 64 »

I have never made one, but I have used one from ebay on another truck , worked well looked good thats all I have sorry

Danny
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

SteveCanup wrote:Hey! Thanks for the input on that! I think I will use the search function and go see all those great threads with roll pans! Thanks again for the idea!
Steve-
I feel your pain brother. If you want an immediate answer, use the FB page. You will generally get a response on here but takes longer. Good luck in your search!
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Steve: IIRC, there was at least one fellow that took a styleside tailgate that was rustyat the bottom, and used the uppermost portion to build his roll pan. and as a bonus, you get that little bead line that runs horizontally across the tailgate above the latch as an accent line on your roll pan:)

James
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

Thanks guys....I've been staring at my bumper for the past day or so....Just staring. My rear bumper is straight as an arrow, but the chrome finish is deteriorating. I am thinking about cutting it up and making it shorter and recessing it. Hard to describe....but not too hard to visualize. I'll post pics on my build thread if I pull the trigger on this....I also have an extra front bumper that is slightly bent that I might play with a little....
Steve-
1964 F-100
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

That's a common hotrodder trick. Cut n tuck em to make them blend more with the body. Bet it will look great. Especially if you fill in the wheels. :rocker:
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Steve:
Cut & stitch, my man. Gutsy but the results can be astro-nomical. Man, do I want to cut something up right now...... :idea: :lol:

Guess I'll go cut the front bed panel out of my 66
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

Steve.. get a hold of uncle Skip.. he built his from the top of a bedside I think and he said they are the exact roll that you need...
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Hey Steve, mines made from a piece of 1 mm zincanelle, that I had a 90 deg bend put on the top and bottom and a loose roll put on it, we finished the shape by hand and timber rail....

I hate fotow buckent !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
SteveCanup
United States of America

Post by SteveCanup »

Thanks Alan, That's what I've been looking for. Nice truck!
1964 F-100