bed flooring - metal

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Ford 262

bed flooring - metal

Post by Ford 262 »

Out of luck on front bed panel - but I need the metal floors - all I ever find is the 16 inch wide repair panels. to do the whole bed - I would need three.
isn't the entire piece available? 48 inch wide.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Re: bed flooring - metal

Post by oldsmiley »

Sorry Ford 262, but no floors are available. Also the patch panels you are referring too aren't the same rib pattern as the 61-66 floors. They are the 67-72 pattern (having more of a slant on the sides of each rib).

Like I did on the front of my 64 bed floor, just hope that you can find a friend with a parts truck, where you can go back between the wheel tubs and cut a section out. I cut a section from a 65 long bed donor truck 24" by the width of the floor. Then I cut it into 3 pieces 8" X 49", used one to fix MY bed floor at the front, and sold the other 2 for $75.00 each, to 2 friends who had the same need. Also talked to a guy yesterday who is working on front panels, but no idea of how exact, or when they might be ready.....
bruceandersson

Re: bed flooring - metal

Post by bruceandersson »

I think you can get later model floors that are the right dimension, if the the exact pattern. I had a junk 80s bed that had a nice center section. It was galvanized, but eyeballed to be a decent replacement. I know they make 8' center sections for the dent sides. But at the cost, it might be better to get another bed. My experience with the beds is that they rust first at the front including the front structural member. This is the same as the second member. The last bed I patched, I was able to graft a new section from the second member back to replacement of the front. It did not have the right contour around the bolts, but worked fine other wise. Are you working on a long or short bed? I have3 a short bed from texas that has a good front panel and solid bed floor located in the central ohio. Sides are not so good. PM me if interested.