1964 Ford wide bed GOOD FLOOR PANEL RUST REPAIR SOURCE ?????

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

61sleepercab
United States of America

1964 Ford wide bed GOOD FLOOR PANEL RUST REPAIR SOURCE ?????

Post by 61sleepercab »

Leaves got the front edge of my wide side truck bed in one corner. I need one of those corrugated floor repair panels ,WHO SELLS A GOOD A FLOOR REPAIR PANEL? I may need the front bed cross member...... WHO SELLS THE BED FRONT CROSS MEMBER AS AN INDIVIDUAL UNIT? What have you used? Thanks. Mark
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Re: 1964 Ford wide bed GOOD FLOOR PANEL RUST REPAIR SOURCE ?

Post by FarmMotorSports »

The usual method is to find a replacement bed altogether or truck bed trailer to donate as metal as needed.
The other option is a complete bed floor from a later model ford and transfer the entire bed floor and supports as a whole unit.
Note the later floors have a difference in the floor contour, and do not make a good patch, without extra work.

If you use the search function on this site you should find build threads with details... exact Search phrase will vary your results. IE " bed floor repair", "bed floor replacement" "bed patch panels".

As far as I know there are NO exact panels for our trucks made at this time.
Some have just covered the problems with a false wood floor, it may not be correct for our trucks, some look fantastic.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
wwhite

Post by wwhite »

I've looked at using a Bronco(1966) rear floor for a short bed, looks very close, but have not measured for proper fitting.

Prices range from $200-300, maybe an option...?
1964 Mercury short box 460 innies
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I've used the second support brace and floor portion from a long bed. Its a decent nut not perfect match. The original ribs contour around the front bolts, and the middle section will be straight. The challenge is to find a donor floor.