Why did the f800s have 2 speed wiper motors and not the f100

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

aj64f100390-292
United States of America

Why did the f800s have 2 speed wiper motors and not the f100

Post by aj64f100390-292 »

So i put together my own 'kit' for 2 speed with delay wiper motor for my 64 a while back..i used a dump truck wiper motor and a late 70s bronco wiper switch with delay and push for washer, and the delay brain box..it works great but it seems a little weak so who sells repops of the 2 speed wiper motor? Not a big issue now but i plan on doing if in the future. But back to the point...why the heck would a big truck have a 2 speed wiper motor and not rhe f100 that drives on t he hwy at 55 more than a dump truck or firetruck would?
1964 f100 lwb 292 ECG Heads,4v, 4spd, '76 9" 3.25, orig. :292 3spdO/D, 3.92 spicer locker
19mpg hwy, .040/298ci, arnd 8.7:1, ECG heads, stainless valves, ceramic coated ramshorn manifolds, B code int., eddy 4bbl, Durasprk II/C5ZF dizzy, C2AE rods,high ratio rockers, NOS two groove h.balancer, unkwn cam-for now :twisted: soon:pwr asst steering
was FE/FT, mount:390, C6R heads, C4ae int, w/ 361/391 FT Bellhous.,timing cover, & w. pump.
-Back on the road since jan '17
bruceandersson

Re: Why did the f800s have 2 speed wiper motors and not the

Post by bruceandersson »

Googled 66 f100 two speed wiper motor, here's the first hit:

http://www.autokrafters.com/p-9073-wipe ... -f100.aspx

I am sure there are others.
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

What exactly leads you to believe two speed wipers never came in F100's?

The '66 CC F100 that I cannibalized last summer/fall had it.........
aj64f100390-292
United States of America

jamesdfo wrote:What exactly leads you to believe two speed wipers never came in F100's?

The '66 CC F100 that I cannibalized last summer/fall had it.........
Well i hadnt seen one that did ir heard of it, thanks for pointing that out, goes to show assuming majes a out if you and me...but ive never heard anyone talk about it..
1964 f100 lwb 292 ECG Heads,4v, 4spd, '76 9" 3.25, orig. :292 3spdO/D, 3.92 spicer locker
19mpg hwy, .040/298ci, arnd 8.7:1, ECG heads, stainless valves, ceramic coated ramshorn manifolds, B code int., eddy 4bbl, Durasprk II/C5ZF dizzy, C2AE rods,high ratio rockers, NOS two groove h.balancer, unkwn cam-for now :twisted: soon:pwr asst steering
was FE/FT, mount:390, C6R heads, C4ae int, w/ 361/391 FT Bellhous.,timing cover, & w. pump.
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Why they did that I have no clue. But to jamesdfo's response not all f100's had 2 speed wipers. My 64 has single speed wipers and all of the pre 65 f100's I have gone thru in junk yards had single speed wipers. My nephews 66 f100 4x4 has dual speed wipers, Maybe in 65 dual speed became standard.
aj64f100390-292
United States of America

skidoorulz wrote:Why they did that I have no clue. But to jamesdfo's response not all f100's had 2 speed wipers. My 64 has single speed wipers and all of the pre 65 f100's I have gone thru in junk yards had single speed wipers. My nephews 66 f100 4x4 has dual speed wipers, Maybe in 65 dual speed became standard.
Personally More of that kiss method bs, like the 76 bronco used the same darn radio as our truck had originally if equipped...and still had am radios in 77...its like "are you kidding me guys come on!?" Then agian...we all know why the f100 don't exist anymore...they didnt want to run smog on them too..or so Ive been told but all automakers do some weird things...but we love theyre cars anyway...we just have to clean up whatever we feel needs it. but I do realize that truck were not anything but a truck back then...but...come :bs: on
Last edited by aj64f100390-292 on April 29, 2017, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

The 1962 F100 Unibody that I sold to Doug had the 2 spd wipers on it and I believe it came from the factory that way.

Fred
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

HERES The problem that 75% here on this site DOES NOT UNDERSTAND, these trucks where built as ordered by customers specs, in other words a salesman actually sat down and went down the list with what cost what and what you wanted,, it would take Ford sometimes 2 and even 3 months before your truck came to the dealership and most likely 2 speed wiper motor might have been15-20 dollars more and back in the 60's was a lot. Its not like today where the local Ford dealership has plenty to choose with all options.. back in the 60's we had all these trucks for trucking company and all had to be ordered so in August they where ordered and certain drivers got more in the trucks as opposed to the basic trucks and on the cars my mother ran a taxi service which also did airport service and both Ford Station Wagons where ordered with a waiting list also. of course very few trucks where on the lot and trucks where for the working class just like ask your self why shorts beds are hard to find in most years ???????????,, Think first,, farmers, builders Could not put a sheet of plywood, load it down with feed, hay etc... Short beds where for more of the bosses trucks and back then also I was told if you wanted a truck to work, beat it to death and keep taking on that beating, BUY a Ford Truck,, if you just wanted to drive around to the store then go buy a broke down chevy and that's still true today,, next time on a trip long distance see how many Ford Truck you will see pulling trailers or in the construction as opposed to any others
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Tom, that is very true. Never really put thought into that but now you say it I know I've seen it.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

next time on a trip long distance see how many Ford Truck you will see pulling trailers or in the construction as opposed to any others
I've said it a hundred times Ford isn't any better or worse than a Dodge or a GM product. The main reason you see so many company owned Fords around is because of their fleet vehicle program, they practically give them away to companies to get them on the road to make it look like they are so much better companies buy them. Around here you look around and see what people are driving that are always pulling trailers it is hands down Dodge dominates the non fleet market.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

HATE TO disagree but we did a survey about 3 years ago across Texas,, on about 500 trucks we saw since so boring once you leave Dallas/Fort Worth on I-20,, 94 % where Ford Trucks non fleet, 5% where Dodges and 1% where Chevy sorry But Dodge does not have a truck and will never,, next and look how many horse trailers are pulled by Fords, then go to the automotive swap meets and see what makes are pulling these trailers and even the ones selling Chevy parts, you guessed it Ford Trucks,, then go to auctions and see what is high priced still,, you guessed it Ford Trucks no matter how much they are wrecked bringing in the big dollars while Chevy's and Dodges do not bring in that high dollar,, then look at how many Campers are pulled from the F-150 to 550 trucks sorry I was brought up,, want a truck to work buy a Ford,, want to ride around look sand look good buy something else .. One other note how come so many tow companies in the past where ford Recovery Vehicle until all of the Petes, KW, Hino, Freightliner now show up
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I just checked my 1965 Ford truck salesmen's price guide and indeed 2 speed wipers were an option, the list price was 4.50 and the retail price was 4.90
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Michelle what is strange to people these days is that for .40 back in the 60's is a lot of money or any other option,, gas regular I pumped was .09 and high test with 120 octane .13 to .15 and it was the red Sunoco,, diesel was .10 to .11 a gallon,, my pay and I was young at 10 getting about 20.00 a week for 50 hour week in the summer
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Funny cause when I tow my Ford to an out of town show it is towed by a Dodge. :oops:

There I fixed it for you. don't know how the quote thing came up
Last edited by skidoorulz on April 1, 2017, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

LAST POST I Do not know where that came from, BUT WAS NOT WRITTEN BY ME and by far will never have a part of any broke down DODGE OR CHEVY so either you or whoever NEEDS TO STOP WRITING PLAIN :bs:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

also this was just a normal topic till some think DODGES and CHEVIES Are so great,, I am just stating facts,, just saying my :2cents:
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

(I was told if you wanted a truck to work, beat it to death and keep taking on that beating, BUY a Ford Truck,, if you just wanted to drive around to the store then go buy a broke down chevy and that's still true today,, next time on a trip long distance see how many Ford Truck you will see pulling trailers or in the construction as opposed to any others) This was the first thing posted that was off the topic of the wiper motor thread. Guess who posted it? I just stated my opinion as did you. I am sorry that my opinion offended you. You go down the road here in Montana Wyoming North and South Dakota and the people who are pulling big are pulling with Dodges, May depend on the dealers around or may depend on who has had what experiences with what brand. I guess some people are the only ones allowed to state their 2 cents worth. I will drop the subject and I will continue to tow with my Dodge, it gets the job done and I have owned it for 7 years and it has only been in the shop 1 time for a fuel heater recall, the 99 that I owned for 11 years was never in the shop and the 86 that I owned for 13 years was never in the shop either. Not bad for not being Ford.
66camperspecial

Post by 66camperspecial »

The two speed wipers were options in the cars too,converted a 64 and 65 galaxies over to 2 speed wipers and washers. I can not stand those one speed wipers and they do not stay on very long.
aj64f100390-292
United States of America

66camperspecial wrote:The two speed wipers were options in the cars too,converted a 64 and 65 galaxies over to 2 speed wipers and washers. I can not stand those one speed wipers and they do not stay on very long.
ya one of my post is bad so its slapping on my driver side and I'm going to replace both soon but, other than that I can't recommend doing this to their slicks enough! So much more driver friendly...especially with the delay unit in....every time I use them I think about people who don't have but 1 speed and no delay.....but heads up on using newer beam wiper blades...they work fine, BUT the passenger side doesn't wipe the curved part of the windshield...something I never thought about when trying to get more modern wiper blades :bangin: .