LED Headlights

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

charliemccraney

Re: LED Headlights

Post by charliemccraney »

The easiest way to check is to look up the specs for the lights you currently have.

Short of that, use an ammeter to see the current draw, multiply by 14 and that will be in the ballpark of the power draw, which you can use to compare with a replacement light.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
VintageCarLEDs

Post by VintageCarLEDs »

Hey guys, I saw this thread pop up and I thought I'd take the chance to introduce myself. My name is Matt and I own Vintage Car LEDs with my partner, Thomas. We are both have classic cars as our daily drivers and started the company because sealed beams are terrible and most LED solutions are overpriced.

Toyz, I'm glad you happy with the set you purchased, and you are correct about the voltage / amperage draw. They pull about 25W, which is less than any HID set up and less than most halogen as well.

Please feel free to email or call us directly if y'all have any questions about fitment or technical specs. Ill keep an eye on this thread as well.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Matt, glad to see you find your way over here. I've online messaged you a couple of times and received good info. I plan on making a purchase for my 66 f100 very soon. :rocker:
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Matt, it's probably a little late, but if you found the opportunity to visit the Pate Swap Meet next week, I'm sure you would be well received. Slick 60s members have a 30-something space "compound" and many would like to learn more about the conversions.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
VintageCarLEDs

Post by VintageCarLEDs »

Thanks for the heads up about the swap meet, that looks like a lot of fun! We will do our best to be there.
cwindsor

Post by cwindsor »

When I seen this post I was like who posted a link about my truck! Look how close the trucks look alike... Sorry to be off topic but shocked me

cwindsor

Post by cwindsor »

I bought sealed beams that accept bulbs... Found a True Philips HID kit off line and use that...
DCarr

Post by DCarr »

Close , but Charlie's is a UNI :)
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Paul, I also removed my turn signal lenses on the 66 F100. I am using headlights with the TS integral to the headlight. They look nice and work fine but these lights do not provide me with the light I need for nightime driving. I would would like to use the fluted LED's. So what do you use for TS with those headlights? Thanks
William-in-St. George
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Since I have spent over 50 years intensely disliking the '65/'66 "rabbit ears"; I have removed them on all but the tow truck. My solution is multi-Led dual purpose LEDs ordered thru a trailer supply house. They are mounted behind the earlier style valance. The amber are noticeable, the clear with amber LEDs take close attention to even notice them when not on. I am working now on making the turn signal parts sequential. I'll dig up a pic or two.

Paul
Last edited by Toyz on May 4, 2017, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Ah ha! Most excellent. I think I might even have some of those trailer LEDs in a box somewhere. The orange Halos work but during the day they don't show up very well. Thanks Paul.
William-in-St. George