water leaks in the cab

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ratrapp

water leaks in the cab

Post by ratrapp »

my 66 is driving me crazy with water leaks.i just bought a new headliner kit from dennis carpenter and don't want to put it in until the water leaks are fixed.first I put new gaskets aound the front and rear glass.thought all was good until it rained again.found my wiper pivots were pouring because the gaskets had rotted away.i seam sealed them and that leak was fixed.now I found leaks around the roof where the factory seal sealer had peeled off.i've got to reseal them in the next week or so.anybody have any idead where else something might leak before I put my headliner and seat in?
unibody madness
United States of America

Re: water leaks in the cab

Post by unibody madness »

If you did not put sealer in your glass rubber there is a good chance it leaks from there.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

the glass doesn't leak.just every time I fix one leak I find another.i shouldn't be surprised though.the truck has been off the road since 84 and I've been slowly trying to fix it.every step forward i make I find more problems.replaced both floor pans,both cab mounts and upgraded to 77 f100 power disc brakes and moved the gas tank to behind the rear axle.unfortunatly it still has the motor sitting on the stand and not in the truck.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Mine leaks at the cowl or windshield. It always drips down from the steering column. Going to have to do some more investigating. I have a piece of plastic down to catch any water that ends up there. :cussing:
ratrapp

Post by ratrapp »

I'm hoping after I reseal the roof line I don't have anymore leaks.mine leaks on the side of the roof where the roof is spotwelded to the cab and all of the seamsealer has cracked and fell off.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Mine leaked due to this....

Had paint covering these holes so you couldn't see them..

Had to repair the roofline on both sides.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63